Full Job Description
Here at Peaceful Art Studio we are growing company starting dedicated to creating value through creativity. That means we put our artists at the heart of everything we do! We are looking for someone to join our team who shares our vision and will bring with them a passion for creating high quality content.
We are looking for intermediate and beginner 2D artists to join our team who share our love of Animation and will bring with them a passion for creating high quality animated content.
In addition to your passion and creativity you will need experience as an Animator working in Toon Boom Harmony. Supporting the Animation Department, and the production as a whole, the artist will develop animation with a variety of concepts, designs, and graphics, creating a variety of animated scenes. If you think you fit that description, apply today!
- Animate scenes that have been assigned that are consistent in quality and style of the production and meet internal deadlines
- Use/manipulate available assets to build scenes and problem solve when assets are unavailable
- Work with the entire Animation team to ensure that scenes fit into the production as a whole and are in line with Director’s vision
- Perform revisions on the work from team leads based on client comments
- Actively participate in team/department meetings and contribute to discussions
- Lead weekly specialized animation/drawing classes for highschool learners here in studio (In Sync with our education department)
Intermediate positions: 2+ years of previous experience as an Animator in a professional work environment.
Beginner positions: Newly graduate animators welcomed (Diploma or certificate from a post-secondary animation / VFX program) Our team leads will work with you to bring about industry experience and mutual growth.
Proficient in the use of Toon Boom Harmony (or is willing to upgrade), with a strong understanding of the technical aspects
Validated capabilities of walk cycles, lip sync, and character timing
Ability to work flexible hours if and when required
Effective problem solving skills, solution oriented
Ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
Strong attention to detail with ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
Excellent communication skills
Please attached your professional portfolios as well as any reels demonstrating your previous projects along with your resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
Salary: $22.00-$30.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location