SPUD.ca is looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to join our hybrid Finance team for a one-year term. This role will be remote-first hybrid, and will include some in-office work at our headquarters in Burnaby, BC.
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for the Accounts Payable function and team. As a member of the Finance team in the SPUD Group of Companies, this role has a firm focus on delivering exceptional service to internal stakeholders as well as external vendors.
SPUD.ca is an online grocery delivery business in Western Canada. We are a passionate team who believe that food touches every aspect of our lives, so we are advocates for sustainable farming practices, sourcing locally, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a Certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to socially responsible business practices.
- Maintain a strong and effective relationship with key suppliers
- Engage and drive internal stakeholders to meet performance standards and maximize company cash flows
- Effectively communicate with vendors and team members and oversee troubleshooting of issues
Leadership & Projects
- Perform leadership tasks throughout the year including objective setting, midyear reviews, development plans and year end reviews
- Analyze accounts payable processes, suggest improvements, and participate in the implementation of improvement projects
- Actively liaise with procurement and accounting on posting, coding and allocation matters
- Assist with the completion of assigned monthly, quarterly, yearly closing activities and audit requirements for area of responsibility, ensuring compliance with established timetables and deadlines
- Other duties as required
- 5+ work experience in accounts payable in a high-volume environment
- Previous experience managing teams
- Strong English language verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle pressure and deadlines, and comfortable with change
- Experience with D365 an asset
What's in it for you?
- Join now and receive an initial $250.00 of SPUD credit, and another $250.00 of SPUD credit after six months of employment ($500.00 total)
- 20% discount on SPUD.CA purchases
- Flexible health spending plan options and benefits available for all team members working more than 14 hours per week
SPUD's approach to inclusive hiring