Date: Nov 24, 2022
Company: Independent Electricity System Operator
INDEPENDENT ELECTRICITY SYSTEM OPERATOR (IESO)
Why join us?
You’ve got great skills. And you want to use them in an organization where you know what you do every day matters. We get that.
We also know that ensuring Ontarians have access to affordable and reliable power doesn’t happen by accident. So we give you the tools, flexibility and support you need to achieve your goals, and development opportunities to help you grow. You’ll thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment that values your unique skills and experiences – and recognizes that when you do better, we become even better too.
Who we are
The Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) works at the centre of the province’s power system, ensuring Ontarians have access to reliable and cost-effective electricity when and where they need it. We operate the province’s electricity grid 24/7, design, run and oversee the wholesale electricity markets, and plan and prepare to meet Ontario’s electricity needs – now and into the future.
The Administrative Assistant will provide organizational support to the Director of Corporate Communications. The incumbent will support with the administrative functions descrbed below.
What you'll be doing
- Manage the Directors’ calendars including scheduling internal and external meetings and preparing agendas.
- Anticipate and initiate appropriate action to conserve time commitments
- Make travel arrangements for any off-site meetings and conferences
- Prepare and reconcile monthly expense reports
- Create and maintain paper and electronic files and record-keeping systems
- Manage and organize information flow. This may include:
- Creating an efficient and effective system for prioritizing, following up and passing along information flow from all sources (emails, mail, publications, couriers, etc) to the appropriate parties;
- Responding on Directors’ behalf where appropriate;
- Following-up immediately on items of an urgent nature; and
- Preparing letters, documents and presentations and photocopy materials as time permits.
- Create and maintain a contact database system for the associated groups in the Division
- From time to time, take direction from the Executive Assistant on matters such as vacation and sickness coverage and the application of administrative procedures and standards.
- Be the resource person for office and administrative procedures
- Collaborate with Executive Assistants and Administrative Assistants to ensure consistent use of filing – data naming conventions and processes.
- Perform other duties as required or requested.
What you'll need
- Very strong computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Experience with MS Project and contact management software would be an asset
- Experience in organizing large volumes of work
- Strong planning and coordinating skills to organize own priorities and workflow
- Ability to manage and organize a high level of information flow
- Strong filing and record management skills
- The education required to complete the duties and responsibilities of the position is typically acquired through the completion of high school
- The minimum level of experience required to perform the job duties and responsibilities is 2 - 3 years including the period of adjustment on the job
What’s in it for you
- A comprehensive total rewards program, including best-in-class benefits and a flexible workplace
- A challenging, fast-paced and collaborative team environment, where your perspectives and experiences matter
- Leaders who support your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry
Deadline: December 8, 2022
For future reference, please ensure to save a copy of the job description as it will no longer be available once the posting closes.
At the IESO, we know that achieving great results depends on embracing diversity by attracting, developing and retaining people from a wide variety of backgrounds. We do this by ensuring our recruitment and advancement policies are fair and equitable, and by creating an accessible and inclusive environment – one that values every team member’s unique skills and experiences and ensures they have the support they need to achieve their potential. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
We thank you for your interest in a career at the IESO, but we will only contact those candidates selected for an interview.
Note: The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a background check.
The IESO commenced its 6 month Hybrid Work Model Pilot Program on March 28th, 2022. The Model allows for remote working up to three days per week, based on business needs. When working in the office, you will be located at our Toronto office.
Join our talent community
Sign up for talent community; stay in touch, find out about new opportunities – and discover how you can make a difference. Discover how we use our expertise and commitment to deliver reliable and affordable electricity to Ontario’s businesses and communities, and how we’re innovating to secure a stronger energy future for all Ontarians. Visit Careers at IESO and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn.
Find out why we were selected as Greater Toronto’s Top 2022 Employers, and what we offer.