The Administrative Assistant provides complete and confidential administrative support to the Director, Maintenance including administrative support and reception duties for Maintenance and Procurement department.
- Prepare and distribute memos,meeting minutes, letters and other documents.
- Open, sort, prioritize and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Schedule, maintain and organize appointments for the department.
Co-ordinate, maintain and track contactor check lists, organizational
charts and other files as assigned.
- Make necessary arrangements for internal and external meetings including booking conference rooms, ordering refreshments and special audio/video equipment.
- Coordinate department activities, schedules and projects; develop and recommend office procedures and systems; ensure smooth office operations.
- Prepare and submit Department timesheets to Payroll for processing.
- Maintain and distribute Vendor list , Maintenance Flash
- Responsible for preparing and managing Contract corespondance for Department (including online process, tracking, scanning, communicating approvals and filing).
- Coordinate, maintain and tracking of miscellaneous reports and spreadsheets of projects, expenses, employee attendance records, confidential employee and department information.
- Performs all other tasks as requested by superior
- College study (2 years) in business or administration
- 1 - 3 years work related experience
- Strong administrative management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SAP
- PowerPoint and Knowledge of SAP is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.