Administrative Assistant – Permanent Full Time
Provides professional administrative support to the respective Executive. Provides support where required to ensure that the administrative functions are carried out in an efficient, effective and timely manner. Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the position and carries out all assigned responsibilities in an efficient and timely manner.
- Schedules appointments and organizes meetings according to specific requests.
- Prepares routine replies to incoming correspondence.
- Prepares and drafts quarterly reports.
- Attends meetings as required, prepares agenda, takes minutes in a timely basis and prepares other materials/attachments for circulation.
- Types, formats and edits various documents including presentations, memos, letters etc.
- Prepares catering requests and ensures prompt delivery for meetings as required.
- Creates and maintains efficient administrative processes with a consistent focus on quality improvement i.e. development of administrative best practices.
- Maintains hard copy, electronic files and various committee binders by ensuring the accuracy and being up-to-date, relocating and/or purging old files as appropriate.
- Distribute and track documents for appropriate authorization and approvals.
- Input staff hours into the HRIS payroll system.
- Any other support for requests and tasks as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications/experience:
- Post-Secondary University Degree
- 2 - 5 years of experience in administration or a related area
- Experience in healthcare setting is preferred
- Sound knowledge of office administration techniques, accurate keyboarding, grammar and spelling skills are essential
- Proficient using Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook
- Must be able to successfully work with all levels of the organization
- Must possess strong organizational and attention to detail skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Regular attendance is required for this position
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Runnymede Healthcare Centre values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA).
Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment purposes only and not for any other purpose.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Runnymede Healthcare Centre, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment. Requests for exemption will be considered on a case-by-case basis in alignment with the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $27.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
It is a requirement to have a mask on at all times while on hospital premises.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Administrative: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location