Dedicated exclusively to children and their families, The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) is one of the largest and most respected paediatric healthcare centres in the world. As innovators in child health, we lead and partner to improve the health of children through the integration of healthcare, leading-edge research and education. Our reputation would not have been built – nor could it be maintained – without the skills, knowledge and experience of the extraordinary people who come to work here every day. SickKids is committed to ongoing learning and development, and features a caring and supportive work environment that combines exceptionally high standards of practice.
When you join SickKids, you become part of our community. We share a commitment and determination to fulfill our vision of Healthier Children. A Better World.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to work alongside the world’s best in paediatric healthcare.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team! Are you a dynamic, service oriented individual who is eager to learn or expand on current skill sets within research administration? Do you want to work for a leading healthcare research organization that is dedicated to conducting research to improve the lives of children around the world? If this sounds like you, then we have an opportunity for you!
As an integral member of the Child Health and Evaluative Science Program, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to 3 scientific staff members.
Here’s What You’ll Get to Do:
- Assist with preparation, completion and submission of research grant applications, including operating, studentship and postdoctoral fellowship applications adhering to agency and university policies, procedures and deadlines (preparation includes researching and gathering information and preparation of curriculum vitae, Common CV, significant contributions, etc.)
- Update research CVs (e.g., CIHR CCV), assist with research team meetings, conference abstracts and editing and formatting manuscripts for publication.
- Maintain curriculum vitae information in a database program for tracking of publication records and research grant information to be used for reporting to various organizations
- Assist with Research Ethic Board [REB] submissions
- Process expense reimbursements and liaise with appropriate personnel to follow-up on financial matters.
- Analyze monthly financial reports and follow up on discrepancies.
- Process and monitor cost centre expenses and other services.
- Process payments, credit card expenses and all other financial responsibilities
- Support Human Resource functions as it relates to recruitment, performance and attendance management, and terminations
- Coordinate payroll information for hiring of trainees adhering to university human resources and payroll deadlines
- Facilitate the orientation and onboarding of new staff and trainees
- Automated Express Net Timekeeping
Presentations and Social Media
- Design, update and maintain content for research websites.
- Work on presentations and social media.
Meetings & Travel
- Coordinate travel arrangements for Faculty and staff
- Organize and/or provide support for meetings, events and conferences arranging travel and accommodations, and preparing itineraries.
- Manage processing of travel reimbursements and related expenses
- Prepare and distribute agendas, reports, presentation material and minutes for meetings, perform follow-up and/or implementation of items resulting from minutes
- Schedule and confirm appointments for Scientist (s) using judgment to reschedule or book appointments according to changing priorities
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of senior administrative experience, preferably in the health care industry
- Expert knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to trouble-shoot and learn new computer and/or web-based programs
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities, both independently and as a team member
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines
Employment Type: Full-time with benefits, 1.0 FTE
Our Commitment to Diversity
The children and families we care for are from a variety of communities, and so are our employees. We welcome and encourage everyone to join our organization and be part of our team.
When requested, SickKids will provide access and inclusion supports to eligible candidates to support their full engagement during the interview and assessment process. Information received related to access or inclusion will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you for your interest in joining SickKids. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with our Hospital policy, employment at SickKids is conditional upon the Hospital’s receipt of all necessary documentation.
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a health care institution, our highest priority is the safety of patients, families and staff. As a result, we are adopting all prevention measures to ensure the safety of our patients, families and our staff. Therefore, any offer of employment is conditional upon you submitting proof that you have been fully vaccinated with a Health Canada or World Health Organization (WHO) approved COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible and no later than fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the effective start date, in addition to satisfying any other condition(s) that may be set out in an offer. If a candidate fails to satisfy this condition (or any other condition(s) set out in an offer), any offer of employment shall be immediately rescinded.
How to Apply
Tip: Combine your cover letter and resume into ONE document of 20 pages or less as you cannot upload multiple documents as part of your application.
If you are still experiencing technical difficulties please email [email protected] to send us a short description of the issues you are experiencing. Please note that we will not accept resumes sent to this inbox but we are happy to respond to requests for technical assistance.