Reporting directly to the Supervisor, Permits, this role is responsible for the delivery of some of the division’s front line customer service, operating as the primary contact for all internal and external clients, including the receiving and processing of Routine Disclosure Requests, booking of Inspection requests and receiving complaints from residents regarding possible illegal construction. The Administrative Coordinator, Building Services is also responsible for providing administrative coordination and support of within the Division including data entry into AMANDA. As the Administrative Coordinator, Building Services, you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to the Director/CBO, Supervisor, Building Inspections/Deputy CBO, and Supervisor, Plans Examination/Deputy CBO
- Perform various administrative duties; including but not limited to, calendar organization, drafting correspondences, developing forms, receiving, and re-routing mail; ordering office supplies, processing changes to the Division’s website, and photocopying.
- Assist with the coordination of the day-to-day activities of the Division, including responding to telephone and email inquiries, as applicable to the role.
- Responsible for booking inspections and entering complaints into the AMANDA system as required.
- Assist with the preparation of all enforcement related documents, such as letters and orders pursuant to appropriate by-laws and legislation.
- Responsible for the organization of files and corporate storage drive pursuant to corporate records management policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation of records pursuant to requests in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy legislation.
- Assist with the preparation of all requests related to compliance letters.
- Maintain responsibility for assigned duties within the departmental and/or corporate Business Continuity Plan.
- Develop, maintain and work to improve job related standard operating procedures and deliverables.
- Responsible for answering calls through the division’s phone queue, responding to messages from the general voice mailbox, and emails, accepting applications and submissions, booking inspections, and accepting complaints regarding potential BCA, OBC, and Town By-law violations.
- Attend meetings with clients to review potential proposals/applications including other internal Departmental staff and represent the Division in these meetings or attend along with their Supervisor.
- As part of the Divisions ongoing process improvements, the Clerk is expected to assist in the development of Divisional SOP’s/ Practice Bulletins and along with process improvements.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a passionate professional with a post-secondary diploma in Business Administration or a closely related field. Our ideal candidate has minimum 1 year of experience providing administrative support.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated ability to exercise significant discretion and sensitivity. We are seeking an individual with superior customer service skills, a demonstrated ability to work independently, and effectively in a team environment, and excellent problem-solving skills.
The successful candidate for Administrative Coordinator, Building Services will be required to work a flexible schedule, including in the office, remotely and after hours (as required).
This position offers a salary range of $59,044.34 - $72,358.50 plus a competitive benefit package.
Satisfactory passing of a criminal record check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
New employees who commence employment on or after November 15, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Town of Caledon reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/, or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The Town is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact People Services at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.