Posting End Date:October 06, 2022
Employee Type:Regular-Full time
Union/Non:This is a non-union position
Are you looking for a flexible work schedule? How about Benefits & Pension?
Do you have familiarity with Oracle, SAP and Hyperion Smartview? If so, this could be the opportunity for you!
As a diversified energy company, we are uniquely positioned to help accelerate the global transition to a cleaner energy future, and we’re doing it in ways that are ethical, sustainable and socially responsible.
We are currently recruiting for an Advisor General Accounting & Affiliates. Within this role you will perform complex accounting and accounting research analysis for GDS Affiliates finance team and prepare & review reporting schedules to support quarterly / annual external financial filings and management reporting process for the GDS Affiliates team.
What you will do:
- Assist with complex accounting and accounting research for GDS Affiliates finance group and liaison with various groups enterprise wide.
- Lead in identifying, resolving and escalating as needed any potential accounting issues to ensure timely resolution and accurate financial information in external filings.
- Assist with review of Contracts prior to execution, assessing accounting implications.
- Assist with month / quarter end close processes as needed
- Synthesize complex accounting issues and be able to explain their impacts to management.
- Help identify and lead implementation for process improvements.
- Ongoing support of ad hoc request and special projects as needed.
- Ensure controls and processes are properly maintained and SOX compliance is achieved.
- Ensure affiliate cost recovery process is adhered to and ARC compliance is achieved.
- Oversight and support for GDS affiliate operating and capital budgets / forecasts.
- Maintain a working knowledge of US GAAP.
Who you are:
- University degree in a business or accounting program.
- Possession of professional accounting designation (CPA) with 4+ years of directly related experience.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Experience with public practice accounting, technical accounting/accounting research and/or external financial reporting would be highly beneficial..
Enbridge provides competitive workplace programs that differentiate us and offer flexibility to our team members. Enbridge’s FlexWork (Hybrid Work Model) offers eligible employees the opportunity to work variable daily schedules with a flexible start and end time, to opt for a compressed workweek schedule, and the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. Role requirements determine your eligibility for each option or combination of options.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.