We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers, and technology professionals who share a common desire - to help our clients create liveable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
Arcadis has officially purchased IBI Group and with this transaction now complete, IBI will now be known as Arcadis IBI Group moving forward. Please refer to our website for more information.
What contributes to the successful brand of an Architectural Studio; design excellence!
Through creativity, leadership and award-winning projects, Arcadis IBI Group’s High-Rise Practice delivers award winning designs to the GTA and International Market. The Architectural studio revolves around a talented team of professionals whose flare for design and creativity is at the core of the practice.
Our reputation and presence in the GTA and International market is credited to the dedicated work, design abilities and success of the team. Providing excellence to not only our projects, but our clients; is a core belief and everyday practice. Our global approach allows us to be a driving force in the market. The opportunity to collaborate and work on projects throughout the world, where’s Arcadis IBI’s footprint is established and respected is a trait that not many competitors in the architectural space can offer!
Our practice continues to rise above and excel in the architectural space. We are seeking a full-time permanent talented design professional, whose personal practice beliefs align with our beliefs as an organization in design excellence, collaboration, and creativity. Utilizing these skills, alongside working with award-winning individuals and senior leadership.
Reporting to Project Management within Arcadis IBI Group, the Architectural designer is responsible for preparing architectural design sketches from concept to design of moderate to complex site plans with a focus on high density, high rise residential, hospitality, and mixed-use design. The position is also responsible for collaborating with project managers through design process to achieve alignment with client requirements.
Most of the things you'll work on:
- Prepare architectural design sketches from concept through to design of moderate to complex site plans with a focus on high density, high rise residential, hospitality, and mixed-use design
- Evaluate design for code, by-law, space and site compliance and assist in plan check review and approvals
- Collaborate with project managers through design process to achieve alignment with client requirements
- Coordinate with all other team members on the project team, maintaining open communications with all project stakeholders relating to project status, design intent, concerns and questions
- Provide regular progress reporting and prepares and delivers presentations to relevant stakeholders
- May supervise, monitor, train and direct work of interns and less experienced team members
- May take a leadership role within the project team
- May take a leadership role in team meetings
- May perform other duties as required.
You'll Need To Have:
- 2–3-year College program in architectural technology or a related subject or Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in an architectural firm, some portion of international experience is preferred
- Must have experience in high density, high rise residential and mixed-use design
- Proficiency with Revit and BIM software, 3D Rendering, Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Office
- Highly organized with the ability to manage time and tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently within a collaborative team.
- Proactive and detail oriented
- Work is all in English
- Salary $69,000 to $80,000
- Benefit package offered
- Relocation allowance
- Posted on – January 23, 2023
- Opportunity of increase in salary based on performance review
Why you should work for Arcadis IBI Group :
Our employees will find a design environment where collaboration is at the core of the business. We proudly support our team members through continuing education, completion of licenses and certifications, memberships in professional societies, seminar and conference attendance.
- Competitive Base Salary based on industry standards
- Robust Extended + Medical Benefits
- Participation in Incentives Program
- Remote Work Options or Hybrid WFH-Office Schedule
- Coverage of Licensing Fees and Annual Dues to Professional Associations
- Professional Development & Self Directed Learning Resources
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Arcadis IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
We request applicants submit a RESUME highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB. For design related roles, we also require a portfolio to review.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.