Test & Commissioning Access - Operations Coordinator
The successful candidate will be integral to the ECLRT Testing and Commissioning team activities.The Area Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the works possibly including subcontractors) in a specific Testing & Commissioning (T&C) area and ensure all work is done in accordance with T&C rules and procedures.
- Manage, plan and execute all T&C activities within assigned geographic area,
- Secure access points to T&C Sites within their assigned geographic area,
- Implement and close out all Occupancy Permits,
- Liaises with the T&C Manager, Director T&C, Facilities Commissioning Manage and Training/Manual Manager and Test Technicians to safely and efficiently prepare for test and/or work activities within T&C site,
- Liase with rail control to coordinate daily T&C activities that require completing,
- Coordinate, plan and manage resources to allow for safe execution of T&C testing and T&C operations,
- May have to re-perform tests or take corrective action under direction of the engineer or T&C Manager,
Skills / Experience:
- Minimum 4 years’ post qualification experience
- Should be familiar with working in a construction environment with both union and non-unionized workers.
- Have an understanding of T&C Rules & Procedures to provide a safe testing environment.
- Have a working understanding the Work Authorization (Permit) Processes
- Ability to take charge in an emergency and direct others to perform a variety of tasks
- Must be able to deal with competing priorities and manage their time appropriately.
- Able to plan, lead and record results of meetings and toolbox briefings.
- Must be organized and disciplined.
- Sound knowledge of worksite safe working practices; ability to follow the T&C Safety Plan
- Ability to work independently and as directed by the activities defined in the T&C Schedule
- Area Coordinators are expected to be versatile and innovative problem solvers, often in consultation with domain specialists.
- Will be required to perform Job Hazard Analysis (StepBack) and implement mitigations to the identified hazards.
- Ability to read test procedures and understand requirements to perform the testing in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently with excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to chair meetings and produce minutes. Lead daily safety toolbox briefings and retain written records.
- Ability to direct others with verbal instruction via telephone or radio. Ability to create written step-by-step instructions for technicians and other field testers.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Outlook.
As noted in the job requirements, CTS’s is required to perform a Criminal Record Check for all of our candidates during the selection process and should a final offer be provided it will be conditional on a successful background check. Considerations will also be given to what is a Bonafide requirement for the duties being performed.
Job Type: Full-time