At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network, and further their careers. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash their potential, the entry level Associates Program is for you.
To learn more about the Associates Program, check out our Applicant Info Package.
- Graduated (or will be graduating) between 2021 and September 2023
- Have an Associate’s Degree, College Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, or Master’s Degree (Exception: The Associates Program does not accept MBA or PhD candidates/graduates)
- Have maximum 2 years of full-time, professional work experience
- Are within commuting distance of Toronto/Calgary/Ottawa/Montreal, with flexibility to travel 80-100% of the time
- Are eligible to work in Canada without current or future need for visa sponsorship
As an Associate Consultant, you’ll be right at the intersection of technology, people, and process. You’ll play a leading role in advising clients on business transformation through an analytical approach that combines human-centered design and an understanding of emerging technologies and platforms. You'll be our clients’ guide to developing an understanding of their existing processes, goals, and objectives to define their future state – then help them get there.
- Identify and analyze opportunities and obstacles clients face in global and increasingly competitive markets
- Use IBM Enterprise Design Thinking to help solve client challenges
- Apply best practices as an Agile Practitioner on client projects
- Enable your project team by running/supporting workshops, meetings, and stakeholder interviews, and developing communications tailored to specific audiences
- Define current and future operational scenarios through process maps, models, use cases, and plans
- Translate client requirements into analytical specifications for the implementation of disruptive technology solutions
- Develop new business models to bring ideas to life, increase efficiency and profitability for existing offerings, or determine optimal routes to market for new or existing products and services
- Identify issues, create hypotheses, and execute analyses, developing decision-ready recommendations to inform the strategic agenda for clients
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- You demonstrate leadership and flexibility, with a willingness to readily and voluntarily take ownership of highly meaningful tasks and problems, even beyond your initial scope of responsibility
- You are thorough and analytical; capable of applying logic to solve problems
- You can handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet target timelines while maintaining focus, despite conflicting demands
- You are driven to overcome the most challenging obstacles, and look for ways to improve results
- You take initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve your skills
- You collaborate effectively with diverse individuals and strengthen relationships to achieve well-designed solutions
- You communicate sophisticated situations and requirements clearly, simply, and concisely, both verbally and in written form, by actively listening and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
- You have a passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Assist with Cloud migration and system application implementation or upgrades (such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Workday, and Salesforce)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Please see job description
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Please see job description
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
This job requires you to provide your COVID-19 vaccination status with supporting documentation, where legally permissible.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM