Does the idea of working with an iconic Canadian brand excite you? Do you have a passion for enriching the employee and guest experience? Do you give good vibes? Is your Second Cup just as exciting as your first?
Then Second Cup Cafe has an exciting opportunity to join our team! We are seeking a Café Supervisor who lives our company values – Integrity, Kindness, Gusto - and who has experience supporting a guest-focused team and the gusto to lead in enriching the lives of our people and guests with every interaction, delivering unforgettable service and products!
As a Café Supervisor, you’ll be in charge of the café during your shift. You'll lead your team of baristas by example, providing exceptional service to every guest and maintaining operational standards within the cafe, helping your team create a world-class experience every day.
YOU GET TO BE A:
- Leader of people – who motivates and enriches the life of your team!
- Champion of world-class guest service in the cafe, by training, communicating and holding your Baristas accountable for the delivery of exceptional guest service.
- Implementation of Second Cup programs by supporting action plans to train and motivate your team to execute company initiatives and adhere to operational standards.
- Commitment to delivering superior quality-Obsessed with your quality of work and go above and beyond every day; you truly care about people and consider our guests in everything you do.
- Coffee passion! An ambassador for our brand – you take great pride in what you do.
- Authenticity- Honest, fair and act with integrity; treat each person as if they are the most important person in the room; collaborative and communicative
YOU BRING WITH YOU:
- Experience in Restaurant, Café or Retail (1-2 years)
- Supervision experience demonstrated skill in training and developing your team
- Experience in a role that requires frequent interaction with guests, fulfilling guest requests and responsibility for addressing guest issues, questions and suggestion
- Ontario Food Handler Certificate
YOU HAVE A STRENGTH IN:
- UPLIFTING THE DAYS OF OUR CUSTOMERS AND ENRICHING THE EXPERIENCE OF OUR PEOPLE!
- Cafe operations & multi tasking independently
- Ensuring world class guest service is achieved with every interaction
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Diverse customer service techniques
- Supervisory practices, procedures and team building skills
- Organization and planning skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Leadership skills, with the ability to coach and develop others
Second Cup is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. For additional information on our organization, please visit us at www.secondcup.com
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Salary: $16.50-$18.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location