If you are an experienced Battery Software Engineer looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm, and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. This is a 12-month contract position; however, it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Battery Software Engineer - in Ontario (REMOTE)
TRAVEL - Occasional driving to meetings in the US. Maximum once per month.
SCHEDULE – Remote Position. 100% remote with occasional meeting ins US
JOB DESCRIPTION - The Battery Software Engineer - Controls works within a team to develop platform application software for the family of next-generation xEV powertrains. The ideal candidate, who must be a strong team player and willing to work in a fast-paced environment, will be directly involved in developing controls strategies and embedded software products for automotive battery management systems using model-based tools.
The Battery Software Engineer - Controls develops and delivers software in compliance with project timing and budget. This will include working with other team members to develop SW model-based requirements leading to development, execution, and quality testing of software throughout the life cycle.
- B S. in Computer Science or Electrical/Electronic Engineering with a minimum of 2 years of relevant SW application/development experience
- Experience and working knowledge of software & model-based design with track record of robust implementations.
- Experience and working knowledge of tools for model-based design, auto code generation, manual/automated test case development, and configuration/data/change management.
- Embedded C programming experience
- Proficient in Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with data acquisition and analysis tools such as ETAS-INCA
- Working understanding of CAN data networking
- Proficient with Vector tools (Canalyzer, CANape, CANoe)
- Ability to be effective in a Fast-paced development environment and react to changes.
- Willing to work extended hours occasionally as required to meet project deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Design, develop, calibrate, and test application embedded code in battery management system applications.
- Develop and implement model based HV battery controls and core battery algorithms using Matlab/Simulink/StateFlow
- Validate model-based designs (MIL & SIL)
- Ability to analyze auto generated code from Embedded Coder
- Support HIL (hardware-in-loop) testing and analyze data to identify implementation issues.
- Define software test cases and establish traceability to software requirements.
- Support software development processes and create technical design description documents.
- Other areas of expertise that will support work products include general knowledge of Hybrid Battery & Hybrid Vehicle operation, RTOS (real-time Operating Systems), ECU (Electronic Control Unit) configuration, OBDII (On board Diagnostic), Embedded-coder auto-code generation and Matlab/Python scripting.
- Master of Science in Electrical/Electronics/SW Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline at a nationally accredited institution
- Prior experience with BMS software development and control algorithms
- At least TWO (2) years' prior experience with electrified powertrains and battery management
- Experience with AUTOSAR
- Tier 1 supplier experience
- Experience with Agile Software Development Process
When you join The Bartech Group you launch a career. The Bartech Group, one of North America's largest and fastest-growing staffing firms, continues to elevate the staffing industry to a higher level of thinking. Bartech Enterprise Staffing specializes in temporary and direct placement of Engineering, IT, Technical, Finance & Accounting, and Professional staff.
Bartech values diversity and inclusion in its workforce. Candidates that are legally eligible to work in Canada are invited to apply. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. If you are currently in a part time, project, temp work, please advise us with your availability of start date.
Our client is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process. If you request an accommodation, our client will work with you to meet your accessibility needs due to disability.