What we'll offer you:
At the Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, we provide a fun, safe and supportive work environment in a culture that values diversity and inclusion.
- Competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan which includes health insurance, dental insurance, vision care, and more.
- Discounted hotel stays and food & beverage for you, your friends & family at over 7,000 properties worldwide across 131 countries and territories and 30 brands.
- A supportive, diverse, and inclusive environment for all that prioritizes understanding and integrating Team Members' unique perspectives and voices and that's committed to their mental and physical wellbeing.
- World-class service training program and job-specific training opportunities to empower life-long learning and to encourage Team Members to find the careers that are right for them.
What you'll do:
You’re a perfect fit for the role of Bell Person if you welcome the challenge of being part of a team that elevates the experience for guests. You are excellent at providing warm, genuine customer service to both guests and your fellow associates in all departments.
The responsibilities of this position include:
To meet and greet guests, providing a guest experience that is consistent with Sheraton standards.
- To greet guests in a friendly and personable manner.
- To unload and deliver luggage to the guest’s room as well as retrieve luggage from the guestroom(s), upon request.
- To deliver packages, mail and documents to occupied guestrooms upon arrival.
- To answer phones within three rings.
- To stay current on local events and traffic reports.
- To provide correct information on Hotel and surrounding area to guests.
- To maintain a clean and organized lobby and Hotel entrance.
- To maintain the traffic flow at Hotel entrance.
- To provide guests with claim tickets for every item stored.
- To provide guests with transportation using only authorized and licensed vehicles.
- To respond to guest concerns and issues, using the LEARN process.
- To maintain a neat and organized storage area for storage of guest belongings.
- Other duties assigned by Management.
What you'll offer us:
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic individual who wants to learn and thrives in a fast-paced environment and fosters a culture of respect and positivity.
- Minimum of one year current related work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- A professional team player, who is well-organized and able to work on own initiative.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work a variety of shifts including mornings, evenings and weekends are mandatory (Part-Time=Sat, Sun + weekday) (Full-Time= open availability and 5 shifts)
The Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a positive and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Accommodations will be made available upon request for applicants with disabilities to enable them to participate in the selection process. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in completing the application materials or any aspect of the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department upon application.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 24-40 per week
Salary: From $17.25 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Are you looking for a Part-Time or Full-Time position?
Expected start date: 2022-09-26