Position: Bilingual Program Support Coordinator
Company: College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario
Type: 1 Full Time Permanent Position
Location: Hybrid – Majority remote – 3080 Yonge Street Suite 5060, Toronto, Ontario
Imagine a job where you will be a key player, providing support to the Quality Assurance and Professional Practice teams, to ensure that audiologists and speech-language pathologists deliver competent and effective services to the public in Ontario.
Imagine a job where you can utilize your exceptional bilingual administrative and communication skills to support the public with their enquiries and help the entire college with their administrative tasks.
Add a great collaborative team, plenty of growth & development opportunities, excellent work-life balance, and you’ve imagined a job at the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO).
The number ONE job for CASLPO is to make sure the public receives safe, effective, and ethical care from all audiologists and speech-language pathologists across Ontario. We work with the public, stakeholders, and the greater health community to ensure that we provide quality regulation. Our mission is to protect the public and instil confidence and trust by ensuring audiologists and speech-language pathologists are competent, ethical, and accountable.
We value our staff:
We are a secure and growing organization, and we have robust Covid protocols to keep our people safe. We also provide:
- High performance computer and communication equipment for home and work
- Ability to work in the office and/or from home (approximately one day a month is required in the office. Days required in the office are subject to change in the future)
- Three weeks vacation AND the College is closed over Christmas holidays
- Comprehensive benefits including vision care
- Paid continuing education
- Salary of $50K to $60K depending on experience.
The Bilingual Program Support Coordinator position is critically important to the College because it ensures that the day-to-day operations of the College run smoothly. With your exceptional bilingual administrative and communication skills, you will ensure the public interests are being attending to and protected. You are self-motivated and manage your time well. You must be able to work independently, and you can organize your day to meet often conflicting priorities and deadlines. Your time management skills will be utilized to their fullest as you balance your time between supporting the Quality Assurance and Professional Practice teams, and the rest of the College.
What you will be responsible for:
Program Support for Professional Practice and Quality Assurance
- Edit, format, anonymize, and process correspondence related to the Quality Assurance Program and the Practice Advice Program
- Assist with PowerPoint presentations and document formatting. Maintain Excel program spreadsheets.
- Record and draft minutes, post materials and support audio visual requirements for Quality Assurance Committee (QAC) and Practice Matters Committee (PMC) meetings
- Support the Peer Assessment (PA) process by communicating with registrants being peer assessed and with Peer Assessors. Support the Director of IT with PA process on the database
- Track peer assessment reports and summaries and anonymize them for presentation to the QAC. Prepare letters of congratulations for each registrant following a successful PA/QAC decision
- Support the Self-Assessment process by liaising with Skilsure regarding Self-Assessment Tool (SAT) preparation and changes. Provide SAT#’s to the Registrar and Deputy Registrar daily
- Respond to calls from registrants regarding online SAT inquiries. Provide support to registrants having difficulty accessing their online SAT
- Sending group emails to registrants to complete the SAT process. Follow up with registrants who did not complete the SAT on time. Track late registrants
- Triage calls for practice related questions, online SAT and Peer Assessment and redirect as necessary
General Office Coordination
- Provide office reception services including greeting guests. Send, Receive, and distribute mail
- Monitor CASLPO’s main e-mail address and triage general phone inquiries from College registrants and members of the public
- Provide committee meeting scheduling support for Finance Committee meetings and other meetings as required. Arrange catering for all in-person meetings
- Assist with the public register, maintain postage machine, set up office keypad and order office supplies
- Arrange for office equipment repairs and replacement for non-IT related equipment. Liaise with property management
What makes you the ideal candidate?
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working effectively as a team member with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management, organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities, competing demands and deadlines
- Familiar with a legislative framework and/or policy driven organizations
- Advanced computer knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, and database management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an administrative support position.
Preferred education and experience:
- You possess a degree/diploma or related work experience
- Bilingualism is a must, both spoken and written
- Previous experience supporting boards, councils and/or committees an asset
- Previous experience in legal, investigations and/or a regulatory environment an asset
CASLPO is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified individuals who identify as part of an equity seeking group, including people identifying as part of the LGBTQS+, to apply. We are committed to a barrier-free, equitable, and inclusive recruitment process and workplace.
Our goal is to ensure our College’s Board and staff team are reflective of the diversity of the community.
1st, we provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. If you require accommodation, please advise us. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON