BugSeq Bioinformatics is empowering clinical microbiology laboratories to adopt DNA/RNA sequencing and transform diagnostic microbiology. We build BugSeq (https://bugseq.com), an automated analysis platform that takes raw data and produces actionable reports, elucidating microbes and their complexities without the need for a bioinformatician. BugSeq services labs from the hospital level to the US CDC.
We are looking for a talented bioinformatician to design and evaluate novel pipelines for our platform. We are looking for developers who are excited about launching new products and features into production, can work autonomously, and don't back down from the challenges of scale. Our ideal candidate has experience building pipelines from the ground up and publishing them in the peer-reviewed literature.
- Design and develop core features for a bioinformatics platform that is truly first of its kind
- Identify new technologies and best practices for our growing team
- Author scientific papers validating our analyses and comparing them to alternative methods
- Incorporate user feedback to design and build a better product
- Debug analysis issues across tools and data types
- You'll be working with modern technologies like Nextflow, Biocontainers, Docker, Conda, Python,, etc.
- You've completed at least third year of a Bachelor's Degree in bioinformatics, computational biology or a related field
- You are a self starter who can prioritize what to work on and fully design, build and write tests for new pipelines
- You have a few years experience doing bioinformatics analyses
- You have authored several bioinformatics papers
- Nextflow experience is a plus
- Experience with metagenomic data is a plus
- You strongly believe in high code quality, automated testing and other engineering best practices
- You are comfortable learning new technologies and systems
Transportation and housing: This job is offered remotely.
Compensation and Benefits Information:
We are a group of ambitious individuals creating a revolutionary bioinformatics company. At BugSeq Bioinformatics Inc, you will have a significant career development opportunity and a chance to contribute to a fast growing startup. The work you do here will have a direct impact on the development and future of BugSeq.
We care deeply about the health, happiness and well-being of all employees.
- Competitive pay
- Work from home benefit
- The chance to constantly work on stimulating intellectual challenges
- A flexible schedule that leaves time for all of your other interests
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time, Part-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Paid time off
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- On call
- Master's Degree (preferred)
- bioinformatics: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: Remote