Our company situated in downtown Toronto is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to join our growing team on an immediate basis. Below is the job description for the role:
- Track the Organization’s Incoming Payments - Payment Applications: post receipts for incoming wires, EFTs and bill payments.
- Post and complete outgoing payment instructions - follow up with other team members.
- Perform accurate Bank Reconciliations daily.
- Collect and provide all required information to enable create incoming templates for cross-border payments in accordance to mandatory requirements.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verification and post accounts receivable data including returned payments.
- Work closely with other team members and assist in ad hoc internal requests as and when required.
The successful candidate should have strong financial background and able to maintain accurate financial records. Other key skills include:
- Great interpersonal skills, effective communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Strong organization skills and time management skills.
- Attention to detail in an effective and a timely manner.
- Familiar with general accounting principles.
- Experience in Accounts Receivable, Accounting Payable and general banking procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in accounting and banking.
- Accounting Degree. Bachler Degree (BA)
If you feel that you are the right person for this role, please forward your resume to
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Language training provided
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- QuickBooks (preferred)
- Bookkeeping (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON
Application deadline: 2023-01-27
Expected start date: 2023-02-01