The Brand team at Orium is looking for a skilled designer to help us continue to elevate and grow our position in the market through the creation of premium branded materials. We are looking for someone who sees themselves as a true creative generalist: someone who thrives on working across mediums to create a holistic brand experience with the creative tenacity to jump into new channels and types of design work. The Brand Designer will be the primary producer of materials for marketing, recruitment, and general brand initiatives, as well as the standard-bearer for our external-facing visual content.
- Create branded materials for marketing and recruitment efforts, with emphasis on end-to-end campaign design including landing pages, social content, and customer outreach.
- Produce visually compelling larger-scale editorial / graphic design content for longer-term brand initiatives in line with existing brand.
- Review and revise existing templates and artefacts (e.g., sales decks, candidate & employee guides, case studies, etc) on an ongoing basis to ensure company-wide alignment and enablement.
- Support Sales and other teams with ad-hoc reviews of materials for brand standards and alignment.
- Work with Director of Brand and other key internal stakeholders on new brand activation efforts, helping to generate ideas and support visual design needs.
- A keenness to explore or expand on any of the following skills would be a welcome bonus: front-end design and development, illustration and animation, and video production.
Is the role a fit for you?
You'll find fulfillment in the role if…
- You're a maker at heart: you thrive when you're actually producing work, not just imagining what could be. You like getting your hands (figuratively) dirty and creating things.
- You have an entrepreneurial spark: You're ready to take on new challenges, using what you know to test the waters on new approaches. You're meticulous, but ok with imperfection if it leads to breakthroughs.
- You thoroughly enjoy collaborative work on a small, self-directed team, embracing the process of combining knowledge and expertise from different areas to produce something great.
Qualifications & Skills
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a clear understanding of graphic design and brand and/or marketing experience, with examples of work prepared on a commercial or volunteer basis. Portfolio should showcase diversity in the types of design work you have experience with (e.g. packaging design, motion graphics, web design, illustration, etc.)
Benefits and Perks
- Enjoy a flexible schedule of full-time hours. As a remote-first organization, we care about the work you do, but it's up to you to choose where and how you do it.
- Explore ongoing opportunities for professional development: training, conferences, certifications, and in-house peer mentorship.
- Experiment with new techniques, wear multiple hats and learn about new disciplines.
- Pursue independent projects, explore new ideas, and challenge yourself in your field with dedicated "Awesome time" (self-directed professional development) annually and quarterly training budgets.
- On top of standard medical and dental coverage, we offer benefits like a parental leave top-up plan, an EAP, mental health coverage, virtual healthcare and a minimum vacation policy.
- Our Toronto HQ is a modern, ergonomic space complete with hotelling standing/sitting desks available and an open-concept social atmosphere.
- Additional perks are available including in-house mindfulness sessions, an employee stock option plan, remote group get-togethers, and more!
Performance and Growth Expectations
We emphasize accountability for outcomes, but autonomy in activities. Your work will be measured across a number of data points (peer, leader & project team feedback) and will also be measured on the basis of client and user satisfaction. Your growth path is in your hands— you'll have ongoing meetings with your leader to help determine your path, but your progress will be based on what you hope to achieve and how you choose to access the resources available to you.
Orium (formerly known as Myplanet) is North America's leading consultancy and systems integrator specializing in composable commerce, customer data, and retail platform engineering. We have over a decade of experience in digital programs, and we work closely with best-in-class technology partners to bring modern commerce experiences to life as a member of the MACH Alliance.
We're a remote-first company of over 200 globally-distributed employees. We've been a certified BCorp for over a decade. Based in Toronto with a global studio presence, we draw from a range of talents and perspectives to bring together data, systems thinking, and curiosity to build next-generation experiences. We're building deep capabilities in data-driven design, AI implementation, and personalization while forming strong partnerships with leaders in machine learning, hardware development, and IoT platforms.
Committed to an Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment as we build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Committed to Social and Environmental Stewardship
Orium is committed to promoting and working towards a more socially and environmentally sustainable future. All employees are expected to make decisions and take actions in relation to their role and work that follow through on this commitment.