This position will provide full cycle support for our advertising and sponsorship activities working closely with other staff of the Association to ensure linkages and integration with education and policy initiatives, build new and maintain existing relationships with current and potential partners, and maintain a focus on working together to promote human services integration and local service system management to further the aims of the Association.
The Ontario Municipal Social Services Association (OMSSA) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization whose members are Ontario’s Consolidated Municipal Service Managers (CMSMs) and District Social Services Administration Boards (DSSABs). By supporting, connecting and advocating for our members across Ontario, we help them to achieve their collective mission of delivering the best human services outcomes for Ontario’s communities.
We are looking for a Business Development Specialist to join our team. In this role, you will work with OMSSA colleagues and an Association Management Company to build and deliver OMSSA’s advertising and sponsorship program.
The deadline for this role is December 9, 2022.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RELATIONSHIPS
The Specialist reports directly to the Communications and Member Engagement Manager. They will provide full cycle support for our advertising and sponsorship activities working closely with other staff of the Association to ensure linkages and integration with education and policy initiatives, build new and maintain existing relationships with current and potential partners, and maintain a focus on working together to promote human services integration and local service system management to further the aims of the Association.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to learn, develop, and own business processes (includes but is not limited to: creating and organizing advertising and/or sponsor contracts and invoices, team communications, client service before, at, and after events and/or advertising deadlines)
- Plan, design, and execute advertising and sponsorship proposals to solicit and secure in-kind and monetary contributions to meet budgets and revenue targets.
- Identify new business opportunities and partners by conducting regular outreach to potential advertisers and/or sponsors, including pitching OMSSA opportunities.
- Respond to, and resolve, inquiries from potential advertisers and/or sponsors.
- Generates monthly and quarterly summary reports ensuring financial tracking aligns with revenue targets.
- Work with Manager to keep relevant webpages updated and develop materials to fulfill advertising and sponsorship deliverables.
- Supports and conducts research as necessary.
- Communicate red flags, improvement opportunities, updates, and important data points.
- Build, maintain, and update advertiser/sponsor database.
- Other duties as assigned
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in your cover letter.
- Several years of experience securing advertisers and/or sponsors in a similar capacity.
- Experience working in a sales environment is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the human services sector is an asset.
- A quick learner and self-starter; able to identify where help is needed and to pick up new hard and soft skills quickly and with ease.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects at once, demonstrating excellent time management skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong editing and proofreading abilities.
- Demonstrates diplomacy and tact in the most difficult situations, remaining positive and composed.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Some knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Software Programs, in particular InDesign and Illustrator.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and use of a vehicle.
The position works a standard work week. Currently a mix of remote and once a month in-office work setting.
Job Types: Fixed term contract, Part-time
Salary: $30.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON