Are you great at remembering people’s names? Do you live to make someone’s day better? Do you want to work in a place where you can learn, laugh, be yourself and be supported? Then Somun Superstar is for you! Come and be the face of our restaurant.
This is a full-time position with daytime hours, with shifts generally starting at 10 am and finishing at 7 pm.
In the position of Cashier/Customer Service your essential duties will be:
- explaining our menu inside-out
- promoting our menu offerings
- answering any questions from customers
- processing payments
- assisting in maintaining the cleanliness of our storefront at all times which may include wiping down tables and mopping up spills
- packaging orders
As part of the team at Somun Superstar, you will live and breathe our core values of:
- commitment to greatness
- creating remarkable customer experiences
- mutual respect and inclusion
- environmental responsibility
- maintaining a safe, clean and welcoming environment
This job is for you if:
- you have infectious enthusiasm and positivity
- you enjoy building relationships with people?
- you love talking about food?
- you like spreading joy and bringing smiles to people's faces?
- you have excellent organizational and time-management skills
- you are professional and punctual
- you would like to be a part of a motivated team with a positive attitude
- you like the hustle and bustle of hospitality industry
Sound like you? Apply today!
- We provide on-the-job training
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- All staff receive an equal share of tips based on hours worked
Somun Superstar recognizes that women, IBPOC and LGBTQ people are underrepresented in many workplaces in Toronto, and we encourage such qualified applicants to apply.
About Somun Superstar
We are a specialty bakery and a sandwich shop in Toronto’s east end, baking somun bread throughout the day in our wood-fired oven. We have recently been included in Toronto Life Magazine’s “Toronto’s Best Pizza Now”, blogTO's "The Best Sandwiches in Toronto", and won SilverChef Hospitality Awards 2020 Momentum Award for the largest leap forward in terms of environmental sustainability and conservation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.50-$19.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Customer Service: 3 years (required)