The Dunfield Retirement Residence is an independent senior living community located at the heart of Yonge and Eglinton, offering luxury services in retirement settings.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and reliable individual for the position of Casual Concierge . This position requires the candidate to work on Weekends with evening or night shifts. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining a presence at the main reception desk to answer phones, monitor entrance points, complete various administrative duties including night auditing, nightly status reports and supporting our marketing department as required.
- Safeguard the security of all residents, staff, and visitors at The Dunfield
- Maintain a primary presence at building entrance to receive and transfer incoming calls, monitor CCTV’s & building access points and ensure registration of all overnight visitors
- Conduct scheduled nightly building patrols
- Act as lead contact in interactions with external emergency services (EMS, TPS, TFD)
- Ensure the proper documentation of all incidents in the reporting system
- Perform administrative tasks and functions as assigned by Management
- Develop a rapport with staff, residents and resident families
- Assist in the event of building emergencies
- Highest Customer Service skills, talent and knowledge required
- 2 years of previous experience required, preferably in a residential or healthcare environment
- Must be able to weekends and holidays - no exceptions
- Must be able to work well under pressure in emergency situations
- Ability to physically restrain trespassers if necessary
- Computer and software application knowledge is required
What do we offer?
- Company-sponsored social events
- Incredible work environment
- Work location easily accessible
- Free meal during shift
Learn more about us at http://thedunfield.com. The Dunfield is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Casual
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Are you available to work every Saturday and Sunday, 3:30 pm - 11:30 pm?
- Customer service: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location