Please refer to the
How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates)job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
Department of Biology (Professor P. Harrison)
- Perform bioinformatical calculations;
- Perform data analysis of proteins using Python scripts and construct phylogenetic trees to analyse their evolution;
- Liaise with a Master’s student who is analysing a large amount of eukaryotic evolutionary data to pick out biologically
- Work on case studies for specific phylogenetic tree analysis.
Ability to parse and analyse biological data such as bioinformatical data; Able to work as part of a team; Basic programming skills in Python or R; Attention to details. Experience and education: B. Sc. degree.
How to Apply:
External candidates (no current or active working appointments with McGill), utilize your personal email address and NOT your mail.mcgill.ca address or mcgill.ca) to create a profile through the external link: https://mcgill.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/mcgill_careers
Internal candidates: (you currently have an active position at McGill), utilize your mcgill.ca email address through his/her Workday Welcome Homepage:
- Click on the Careers application, then Find Jobs, followed by searching for the position – Click on “Apply”
- Ensure you are connected to VPN before logging into Workday
15 (Part time)
Hours per Week:
Stewart Biology Bldg
Position Start Date:
Position End Date:
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence,