Kettlemans is seeking a self-motivated and talented communications manager to lead our communications department. In this position, you will facilitate production of high-quality content that engages customers and builds brand recognition along with creating informative content, press releases, articles, and media opportunities to share our company’s brand, products, and services.
Kettlemans Bagel was founded in 1993 by a young entrepreneur from Montreal, that realized Montreal bagels were not just loved by Montrealer’s, but by everyone! The traditional technique of hand-rolling each bagel, followed by kettling the bagels, and baking them in a wood burning oven, is what makes Kettlemans Bagels unique in the marketplace. The result: a fresh, hot delicious bagel that keeps customers coming back for more!
Kettlemans has quickly grown to become Ottawa’s leading bagel store. This success is based on our commitment to serve top quality, competitively priced bagels, backed by the best customer service in the business.
Our philosophy is based on the belief that freshness, quality and traditional standards are the cornerstone on which a good business rest. We have incorporated these standards into our business, along with conviction that provides positive attitude and a common-sense approach which leads to ultimate success. We believe that personal customer service, bagels made in the traditional way and an open concept where the customer is the inspector, is what makes Kettlemans unique.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Kitchen/Food/Menu Management Activities
· Has a full working knowledge of all products and suppliers required in operating the business.
· Works closely with the kitchen crew to ensure all facets of catering operations are maintained to Kettlemans standards and guidelines.
· Must ensure that all food costs percentage goals are met by working closely with the BOH and Business Manager.
· Bringing in new catering clients for events, establish and maintain clientele rapports.
· Oversee catering functions and special events for internal and external clients/ groups.
· Meet with clients to determine catering requirements, floor plans, rentals, staffing for events.
· Responsible for final approval of catering contracts pre-event.
· Ensure job instructions are clearly understood so that tasks are completed effectively to the client’s satisfaction.
· Ensure all staff provide quality, courteous service to all customers.
FOH Management Activities
· Oversees catering crew to ensure all facets of operations are maintained to Kettlemans standards and guidelines.
· Assists in the hiring of seasonal crew and approves the decision to bring new crew on and at what time with the FOH manager.
· Ensure that food and service meet quality control standards.
- Manage catering purchases and inventory.
- Participate in Operational Reviews for Catering Department.
- Responsible for Catering Budget.
Labor & Staff
· Responsible for bi-weekly payroll and ensure that all crew members are paid out on time including reimbursements.
· Effectively manage staff conflict and any issues coming in from clients
· Collects and verifies all invoices and submits approved purchases for payment.
· Maintaining and updating client database and catering website information
· Responsible for collecting payment, invoicing, and accounts receivable
· Weekly: labour systems, dry goods management, sales reports
· Provides payroll input to the office and is accountable for accuracy of information submitted
· At least 2- 4 years of Catering experience required
· Demonstrated experience in successful business growth
· Completion of Hospitality or Food and Beverage program.
· Excellent customer service skills ad communication skills.
· Up to date on current food & beverage trends.
· Strong leadership skills to manage a team of 3 members and organizational skills.
· Ability to multitask
Kettlemans Bagel is an Equal Employment Opportunity provider and hires qualified people without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, age, record of offences, family status, religion, disability, handicap, gender, sexual orientation, or marital status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $62,000.00-$68,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location