DCL International Inc. - Protecting our planet with advanced technologies!
Chemical Production Support Engineer
DCL International Inc. is a leader in design and manufacturing of catalytic converters, catalytic mufflers, diesel particulate filters and stock mufflers for the air pollution control of off-highway vehicles, stationary engines, industrial processes and specialized on-highway vehicles. DCL supplies to world leading engine manufacturers, original equipment manufacturers and aftermarket retrofit. For more information about DCL, visit www.dcl-inc.com.
We are a fast-paced, highly motivated team of individuals, looking for a Chemical Production Support Engineer to join our team!
- Monitor production progress and update production staff on issues.
- Meeting with production staff to assess existing processes.
- Data entry/analysis & preparation of production related reports.
- Assist with EOM inventory: counts, qty fluctuations, consumption rate analysis, etc.
- Investigate inconsistencies in production data & anticipate problems that may affect the schedule.
- Drafting process ideas to reduce costs and improve production rates ( i.e. time studies).
- Developing standardized operating procedures & work instructions.
- Performing risk assessments & ensuring processes comply with safety and quality standards.
- Assist with organizing production parts/components,WIP, and inventory.
- Monitor the stock levels of the warehouses and analyze ROPs and stock quantities.
- Perform any additional relevant tasks assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering (or equivalent experience).
- At least 2 years of proven work experience as a process engineer.
- High-level knowledge of process engineering software systems.
- Experience working with CAD and AutoCAD.
- Advanced technical skills & analytical thinker & ability to project manage.
- Familiarity with state health and safety regulations.
Skills & Competencies:
- Operational knowledge of production methods (KPl's, Kanban, 55, Quality Tools, etc.)
- Strong sense of teamwork & strong communication skills
- Understanding of logical manufacturing processes, systemization, and efficiency
- Proven track record in upholding safety and quality standards
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards and willingness to adhere to company code of ethics and code of management.
- We are a proud Canadian company and we care about our shared environment
- We provide a safe, clean work environment, training, new uniforms, safety shoes and goggles
- We offer competitive pay and employee benefits
- We encourage professional development and offer reimbursements for professional fees and tuition
- We recognize our employees for their achievements through our Innovation Award Program.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
- We are dedicated in providing accommodation in accordance with all relevant legislation and if you require accommodation, please advise the HR department and we will work with you to meet your needs
No telephone calls or agencies please
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- How many years' experience do you have with process engineering?
- How many years' experience do you have with process engineering software systems?
- Do you have experience with production methods - KPl's, Kanban, 55, Quality Tools?