YMCA GTA is hosting a in-person hiring event in collaboration with Cineplex Cinemas Yonge-Eglinton & VIP (located at 2300 Yonge Street, Toronto) to find dedicated and passionate Cast Members and VIP Kitchen Staff, who have a positive attitude, able to work with a team and open availability. If you love the movies and enjoy working with the public, then this opportunity would be perfect for you. Don’t Wait!! Apply Today!
Cineplex is also hiring for maintenance workers to do general maintenance like painting, fixing seats and other minor maintenance at the theatres. You will also be cleaning and putting away stock.
If you have families and friends who are interested in working for Cineplex as Cast Member, VIP Kitchen Staff, and or Maintenance Worker, please ask them to apply on the registration link below.
Date and time: Thursday, December 1st from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
REGISTER NOW: https://forms.office.com/r/iaZb0gBfgX
Application Processes Explained:
- Step 1: Applicants register via the link above [Mandatory]
- Step 2: YMCA contacts suitable applicants to book their interview time
- Step 3: YMCA sends out interview confirmation calendar invite
Important: Please register via the link above in order to be contacted by YMCA to book an interview with you]
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence. Become part of Cineplex’s award-winning culture! Discover your next role at the heart of Canadian entertainment and media, that challenges you while offering flexibility and growth.
What you will do:
We count on our Cast Members and VIP Kitchen Staff to ensure Cineplex Entertainment provides each and every guest with an exceptional entertainment experience. The Cineplex atmosphere is energetic, big, fast-paced, social, exciting and positive.
We are currently recruiting part-time positions for this theatre. If you love the movies and enjoy working with the public, then we have opportunities that would be perfect for you. If this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for – Don’t Wait!! Apply Today!
What does it take to be a successful Cast Member of the Cineplex Team?
- You are team oriented Energetic Friendly and outgoing
- You enjoy working in a fast paced, guest service environment
- You are available to work late on weekends and some late weeknights
- You possess superior communication skills
- Smart Serve Certification or willing to obtain and being of legal age to serve alcohol in fully licensed theatres is a requirement
What does it take to be a successful VIP Kitchen Staff of the Cineplex Team?
- 18 years or older
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you will be responsible for preparing and plating all food offerings for VIP guests for both lounge and in-seat service
- You are able to maintain a high standard of hospitality
The perks of working at Cineplex (Benefits):
- Successful candidates will enjoy free movies, competitive wages, flexible hours, tuition assistance and cash incentive programs
- Able to work late nights and early morning
- Open availability
- May work on Holidays
- TBD [Pending on experience]
Inclusion & Diversity
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Life at Cineplex:
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.50-$16.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location