Requisition ID: 167444
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Purpose of Job:
Contributes to the overall success of climate scenario modelling, analytics, and reporting. Ensures specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
Supports development of models to assess the impact of climate change on the Bank.
- Collaborates with other risk modelling teams to integrate models into the Bank’s processes.
- Builds, enhances, and automates models to facilitate climate risk reporting
- Develops detailed and supportive documentation for analyses
- Accountable for timely and accurate delivery of climate risk analyses
- Supports climate scenario analysis group with ad hoc tasks
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with stakeholders across a wide variety of functions is required. The ability to clearly summarize and display data is required
- Predictive modelling or machine learning, statistical, and programming skills gained through education or advanced training in a quantitative discipline are required
- Proficiency in Python or R is required
- The candidate must demonstrate the ability to quickly grasp and embrace new concepts and technologies
- Candidate must be curious with good attention to detail
- Knowledge of geospatial modelling and tools (e.g. geopandas) is an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.