Job Opportunity- Powell River BC
The Powell River Academy of Music is inviting applications and referrals for the position of Co- Administrator.
Deadline to apply: February 15, 2023
Powell River Academy of Music Co-Administrator Position
The Powell River Academy of Music is seeking an experienced dynamic motivated individual who is passionate about the arts to mentor under current administration becoming responsible for day-to-day operations in a fast-paced environment. The role requires an outgoing driven individual who is comfortable providing leadership, taking on new challenges and willing to go above and beyond.
As Co-Administrator you will be responsible for all aspects of management, including production, financial management, grant writing, and general operations.
About the Powell River Academy of Music
Established in 1981 the Powell River Academy of Music is a not-for-profit community music school offering excellence in arts education to children, youth and adults. Through its educational program in music, dance, visual arts and theatre, the Academy Concert Series and the International Choral Kathaumixw, the Academy has become an important part of the cultural life of Powell River. The school is governed by the Board of
Directors with 10 volunteer members and works directly with the 11-member volunteer Kathaumixw organizing committee. There are currently 3 salaried office administration staff and 38 contracted faculty members. www.powellriveracademy.org
Position is located at the Powell River Academy of Music. Please note that to qualify for this position the applicant must live in the qathet/Powell River region or be prepared to relocate.
Working directly with the Academy Music Director and Administrator you will be responsible for all aspects of management including production, facility maintenance, grant writing, financial management, office and general daily operations including overseeing facility requirements. The ideal candidate will have experience in Arts administration and the not-for-profit sector; a post-secondary degree or equivalent education; strong organizational skills; and excellent computer, verbal and written communication skills. The position will involve a flexible part-time commitment averaging approximately 28 hours/week, with additional hours as required.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in of school administration or managing complex and diverse programs and people within an educational setting.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, team-building, and managerial skills.
- Demonstrate visionary and entrepreneurial skills.
- Possess high energy level, integrity, and leadership charisma.
- Be able to pass a police record check.
- Be eager to be involved in various community activities.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook and willing to learn all administrative systems and office technology.
- Collaborate with Artistic Director, Administrator and Board of Directors to plan and sustainably implement the vision of the organization.
- Work with the Music Director to organize events such as rehearsals, concerts, tours, recordings, etc.
- Season planning and implementation with Music Director, Academy volunteers and office staff.
- Maintenance of Society and funding sources including annual reporting.
- Seek out new avenues for organizational or project funding (grants/donations).
- Overseeing recruitment and coordination of volunteers.
- Ongoing information gathering and review of financials with Administrator and Board Treasurer.
- Attend board meetings and present an operational report.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as discussed with Administrator and Board of Directors.
Our ideal candidate is a self-managed, solutions-focused individual who is as comfortable running errands as making decisions; figuring out what needs to be done and then making it happen. The candidate is a strong fit within the Academy family, which cultivates creativity, positive energy and a growth mindset.
This is a permanent position offering a competitive salary, commensurate based on level of education and relevant work experience.
Application deadline is February 15, 2023. Applications will be reviewed as received and applying early is encouraged. Interviews will take place following the deadline and start date will be discussed during the interview. Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document to the:
Board of Directors c/o Powell River Academy of Music
7280 Kemano Street
Powell River, BC V8A 1M2
While we appreciate the time and effort put into all applications only some applicants will be contacted for interview. Candidates will be considered without regard to race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation. We are only able to consider applicants who are currently legally permitted to work in Canada.
We wish to thank all applicants; only those under consideration will be contacted.
About Powell River
Located on the upper Sunshine Coast of British Columbia within the traditional territory of the Tla'amin
Nation, Powell River offers a mix of urban and rural living in a naturally beautiful setting. Surrounded by mountains, lakes, natural forest and the ocean, Powell River offers something for every outdoor recreation enthusiast. Powell River has a vibrant Arts and Culture community and hosts world class festivals and events.
Whether you are hiking the Sunshine Coast Trail, taking in the International Choral Kathaumixw Festival, exploring our historic Townsite, or connecting with the world in your home office, Powell River is a great place
to live, work and play.
Helpful websites http://powellriver.ca/ http://powellriver.info/
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 28 per week
Salary: $19.00-$22.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sunshine Coast, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Front desk: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-02-15
Expected start date: 2023-03-01