Public Works – Operations Support
Contract Full-Time; 13 Months
Reporting to the Supervisor, Utility Receivables, the Representative – Utility Receivables is responsible to address and resolve collections issues for water and wastewater customer accounts that are in arrears.
- Engage with utility customers using the Five9 softphone system to address and resolve customer inquiries
- Review and investigate account issues, respond to customer inquiries, resolve problems related to past due water and waste water accounts via telephone, email etc.
- Generate, review, validate and prepare pre-tax letters to mail to customers with accounts in arrears
- Prepare Certificate of Arrears as requested by lawyers’ offices to validate the account status
- Review and process account adjustments on the billing system (CC&B) to ensure follow through with the collections process
- Respond to customer requests for payment arrangements by assessing and determining account eligibility
- Identify, research, troubleshoot account discrepancies and resolve and make corrections in consultation with the team lead and/or supervisor
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to process account adjustments such as refunds for duplicate payments, payments to wrong account, transfer between customers, etc.
- Follow-up and address all customer inquiries and delinquent account issues while adhering to Regional policies, by-laws and procedures
- Adhere to and exhibit excellence in customer service, while managing difficult customer interactions
- Any other related duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education, complemented with minimum 2 years relevant work experience
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
- Exceptional customer service skills, focused on the customer experience and customer service
- Demonstrated ability to respond in a professional manner to complex customer situation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written to communicate both with internal and external clients
- Effective time management and the ability to work independently and within specified deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and work multiple tasks effectively while maintaining high quality work
- Working knowledge and experience of computer applications such as Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills to support effective decision making and problem solving
- Experience with Customer Care and Billing (CC&B) would be considered an asset
Location: In this role you will have the ability to work remotely and attend on-site when required based on operational requirements at the 2 Copper Road, Brampton, ON worksite. The frequency of on-site activities may vary on a weekly basis and based on operational requirements. Your remote work location must be located within the province of Ontario.
Hours: 35 Hours per week; Monday-Friday
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees who commence employment on or after October 1, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/, or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated, a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is “Community for Life.” Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we're focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca.Additional Information:
The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process, upon request. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accessible formats and communication supports are available. Please contact [email protected]
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.