Location: Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa
At Driven, we’re changing the landscape of financial technology!
Simply put, our mission is to empower Canadian small businesses through innovative financial services. At the heart of our offering is our digital experience, which is powered by our proprietary software platform, our real time connections to a multitude of data sources and our advanced data science models. We are squarely in the corner of owners and entrepreneurs, providing for them, and at the right moment, the financial support they need to grow and thrive.
Driven belongs to the Purpose Financial family of businesses. Driven is a subsidiary of Purpose Financial, a diversified financial services platform focused on addressing historically underserved segments of the market. Purpose is backed by OMERS, TorQuest Partners and Allianz.
We are searching for a detail oriented individual that is seeking to join a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital. By leveraging our cutting-edge technology and risk modelling solutions, Driven is providing Canadian entrepreneurs with the financial support they require to manage their operations and grow their businesses.
Reporting to the Director, Operational Risk, this position involves ongoing resolution of outstanding receivables by conducting robust monitoring, analysis and updating of account delinquencies through effective collections techniques. The ideal candidate is able to absorb internal training, apply account management experience, work independently and take initiative in researching and applying other best practices as it pertains to collection methodology, risk analysis and investigative techniques. Ability to communicate by phone, email and SMS messaging is integral to the day-to-day execution of responsibilities.
Your responsibilities include:
- Daily monitoring of client accounts to update account delinquency;
- Pulling business and owner information from various sources to fully understand the probable reasons for a client’s delinquency to facilitate required resolution discussion;
- Communicating by phone, email and SMS to advise clients when an account is past due without any pre-arrangement;
- Preparing daily, weekly and monthly delinquent reports to advise senior executives of the health of the portfolio;
- Managing payment processing issues directly with clients and communicating same to key stakeholders;
- Escalating, as required, critical high-risk issues, including priority delinquent accounts, business closures and other external risk indicators;
- Communicating with the underwriting department to provide account performance feedback and help resolve account discrepancies;
- Working with external collectors, investigators and legal counsel to resolve late-stage delinquencies and diligently working toward satisfactory account resolution;
- Obtaining and compiling client-level information required to support filing of legal claims, as needed
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a collections environment;
- Proven tenacity to assist clients when dealing with sensitive financial matters;
- Ability to identify, negotiate and resolve high-risk collection issues with clients;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Detailed oriented with excellent organizational skills;
- Bilingual (English and French) written and spoken;
- Computer savviness (Excel, MS Word, Salesforce).
What Driven can offer you:
- An opportunity to be part of an established organization that is leading the Fintech Revolution in Canada;
- A stimulating and challenging mission where you can have a major impact on our overall growth;
A culture of success where your ideas are valued, and you have ownership of driving concepts forward to successful completion;
An environment where you are encouraged to challenge the status quo and create innovative strategies and solutions;
An amazing team of ambitious, driven, and intelligent modern thinkers who believe in our mission;
An uncompromising philosophy of working collaboratively in an environment built on trust and support.