Are you a strategic communicator that drives effective and compelling storytelling? Do you have experience developing, executing and evaluating robust communications strategies that align with an organization’s Mission and Vision? Are you passionate about exceptional health care and driven by a desire to help others?
If so, take a look at this rewarding career opportunity working alongside a supportive and collaborative team of over 8,000 regulated health care and other professionals. We are amid a momentous time for health care in Ontario as we move to a more connected health care system through the Ontario Health Teams model of care.
Home and Community Care Support Services is seeking a Temporary Communications Advisor (7-month contact) to play a key role in highlighting Home and Community Care Support Services programs and services through strong and effective communications. Reporting to the Manager, Communications, the Communications Advisor will develop, execute and evaluate robust communications strategies that align with Home and Community Care Support Services’ vision, mandate and key strategic priorities. This is a rewarding position for a collaborative, adaptable and self-motivated communicator who thinks strategically and possesses excellent writing and editing skills.
What do we offer?
- Attractive comprehensive compensation packages
- Valuable development opportunities
- Membership in a world class defined benefit pension plan
Hybrid work location
- Work in partnership with Home and Community Care Support Services portfolios and relevant teams, executives and senior leaders to develop and execute communications strategies and materials for internal and external stakeholders
- Research and write a variety of communications plans and materials that support communications strategy including, newsletters, videos, brochures, letters, memos, bulletins, web and social media content, scripts/speaking points, advertisements and reports, including annual report
- Ensure communications are consistent with Home and Community Care Support Services key organizational messages and visual identity guidelines
- Develop storytelling briefs and create compelling executive presentations
- Monitor inbound media inquires and be responsible for following up and escalating
- Provide updates to website and intranet (posting, managing and maintaining content.)
- Support large-scale engagements, media events and campaigns including media materials; Q&As, talking points and media releases
What must you have?
- University degree or diploma in Communications, Journalism or Public Affairs (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Minimum three to five years related experience in developing and implementing communications tactics and providing communications advice
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with knowledge of current communication theories, disciplines, techniques, best practices and planning methods
- Experience with digital communications including social media outreach and content creation
- Knowledge of project management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (including PowerPoint) and SharePoint
What would give you the edge?
- Knowledge of the Ontario health care sector
- A high degree of attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Experience with public engagement and facilitation
- Creative with a strong design sense
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to support cross-functional initiatives working collaboratively as well as independently
- Strong understanding of communications principles and enthusiasm for data and research-driven storytelling
- Proficiency with Adobe Create Suite (including InDesign)
Who are we?
We empower you to be your best selves, do your best work and deliver the best possible patient experience for the diverse communities we serve.
If you’re interested in driving excellence in care and service delivery, and seeking an unparalleled opportunity to lead and learn, partner and connect, care and be cared for, this is your home.
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to Diversity and Inclusion
In line with our fundamental values of collaboration, respect, integrity and excellence, Home and Community Care Support Services is an inclusive employer which respects equity, inclusion, diversity and anti-racism. We are committed to attracting, engaging and developing a workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Home and Community Care Support Services has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy across the province that requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Applicants being considered for employment will be required to provide proof of vaccination documentation confidentially to Human Resources upon hire. Any medical or human rights exemption requests will be reviewed and validated prior to an offer of employment.