Contract Recruitment Notice
Paper Crown Rwanda
Position: Part-time Fundraising and Communication Officer
Hours: 8-10 hours per week
Type of contract: Part-time contractor / consultant (non-staff position) / Remote work
Expected start date: As soon as possible
Length of contract: 1 year, inclusive of initial 2-month probationary period, with possibility of renewal
Summary of the role: To work closely with PCR’s Management Team for fund mobilization and communications support.
Paper Crown Rwanda is a feminist, non-profit organization in Rwanda, that works with youth to transform gender norms, foster leadership and create lasting social change.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Update and maintain our database of international and local donors with relevant grant opportunities (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies and private corporations offering donations)
- Work in collaboration with the PCR team to achieve its annual fundraising goal of increasing the operational budget by 25%.
- Write grant proposals in English and ensure timely submission (goal of one grant per month.)
- Run and prepare 2-3 fundraising campaigns on the Global Giving platform
- Build contacts with potential donors and partners in Rwanda and beyond to help mobilize funds for the activities of the organization/ partner with other organizations on proposals
- Write a digital PCR newsletter and blog to disseminate to donors and partners on a monthly basis
- Manage PCR’s social media (create content, set up a content calendar, drive traffic to the website, etc.) to raise visibility of the organization locally and internationally
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies or other related field relevant for the role
- Minimum 2 years of experience in grant writing with a successful track record for securing significant funding commitments from donors
- Proven experience with writing quality proposals for local and international donors and an understanding of technical and financial requirements for grant proposals
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) and the ability to communicate professionally with partners and donors
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to tell compelling stories and leverage impact data for strong proposals
- Proficiency with computer applications for drafting proposals as well as publishing/designing fundraising communications materials (ex. Microsoft Office applications; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Hootsuite, etc.)
Compensation: $750.00 CAD/month. This role can be performed remotely.
To apply: Qualified applicants must submit the following documents by September 30, 2022.
- Detailed cover letter
- Updated CV highlighting the most relevant areas of your prior experience
- At least two professional references to be contacted
- One sample of previous work relevant to the position (grant proposals, fundraising communications materials, etc.)
Please note that applications are reviewed on rolling basis.
To learn more about our work, please visit www.paper-crown.org
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 8-10 per week
Salary: From $750.00 per month
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Communication skills: 2 years (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-09-30
Expected start date: 2022-10-03