Location Address:100 Queens Quay East, 9th Floor, Toronto
Number of Openings:1
Pay$49,534.00 - $82,000.00
Job Posting Description:
Do you have a passion for corporate communications and public relations? Reporting to the Communications Manager, you will work closely and collaboratively with the entire Communications team in the planning and execution of all communications programs that support the LCBO’s strategic objectives. You will be involved in crafting communications materials, including press releases, internal memos, quantitative analysis reports, communications plans, and promotional products.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and are passionate about taking initiative, then this is the role for you!
This position is hybrid #LI-Hybrid
About the Role
- Support the team with core functions such as daily media briefings, media inquiries, social media monitoring, media logs and content calendars
- Ensure that communications and brand guidelines of the organization are followed when reviewing content
- Support content management on corporate intranet, corporate website, digital signage and social media accounts
- Support the rollout of external/internal communications plans for designated campaigns
- Assist in the coordination of external/internal events (e.g., town halls, store openings, media tastings, in-store events and activations)
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with multiple internal partners
- Write, review, and edit communications including news releases and advisories, intranet content, web copy, Q&As, corporate biographies, briefing documents, presentation materials, video scripts, creative briefs and speaking remarks
- Stay on top of industry news and trends and work with the Communications leads on generating story ideas and pitch angles that drive back to the company’s overall communications objectives
- Support administrative duties such as budget tracking and paying invoices
- Minimum of two years of Corporate Communications/Public Relations experience
- Post-secondary education and/or a post-graduate certificate in public relations, marketing or a related discipline
- Excellent verbal, written, editing and proofing skills with strong attention to detail in planning and project-management
- Thorough understanding on how the media works, the news cycle, and the digital media landscape
- A responsible self-starter who is diplomatic, organized, outgoing, has a strong work ethic and good judgement
- Ability to work in an environment that is fast-paced and prioritize multiple, often competing priorities with a flexible, positive attitude
- Creative thinker to build interesting content for both internal and external audiences
- Confidence in working with and following up with a diverse group of stakeholders including executives
- Proficiency in social media platforms, software tools, tech and digital communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Experience in website content management an asset
- Experience with corporate digital content creation an asset (Adobe Creative Suite, graphic design principles, website and video production, photography)
There is a world of opportunities at the LCBO…
Join an organization where you can be challenged while achieving your true potential. A place where you can make a positive impact supporting Ontario business and communities. Discover a safe, healthy, diverse, inclusive, and accountable workplace where your wellbeing is our top priority. At the LCBO, your contributions are respected and valued. Be part of our journey as we invest in people and technology to transform an organization. There really is a world of opportunities at the LCBO.
We foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, so everyone feels valued, respected, and heard. The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an interview or employment opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation.
Please submit your resume via Workday by 11:59pm on the deadline date. We appreciate your interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Union / Non-Union:Non-Union
Job Posting End Date:February 7, 2023
The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.