Our Calgary client is looking to hire a Communications Specialist for their unique, member-based, not-for-profit, business.
This is a great opportunity to work with the Sr. Communications Specialist and offer support where needed to ensure a smooth workflow is maintained.
Required is a supportive and collaborative personality who can ensure execution of all tasks at hand. The ideal candidate will be polished and professional, be a passionate and effective communicator, and have the ability to connect with people on all levels, being a positive and courteous brand ambassador at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The key job functions are:
- Coordinate the online store including inventory management, invoicing, purchase orders, customer service, and shipping support
- Coordinate and manage various Job Boards
- Coordinate the rig database including database management, rig adds/deletes, monitoring daily/monthly reporting compliance and member follow-up, etc.
- Coordinate industry research and analysis at the direction of the President & CEO
- Timely and accurate processing of membership applications, renewals and terminations including retention strategies
- Maintaining membership information
- Maintain the new member orientation binder
- Coordinate membership mail out
- Support theSenior Communication Specialist with events including registration, planning, and execution
- Support theSenior Communications Specialist with advertiser administration including customer service, and collections
- Support theSenior Communications Specialist with social media content management and creation
- Support theSenior Communications Specialist with internal membership communication i.e., E‑News, MailChimp campaigns, etc.
- Coordinate the weekly contacts audit of the MailChimp/Naylor software platforms.
- Post-secondary certificate, degree, or diploma (preferred)
- Previous experience in a communications role is required
- Previous administration or customer service experience is an asset
- Previous experience in Sage is considered an asset
- Excellent communications skills
- Accountable and listens to direction
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of technical writing and formatting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Tech savvy with great computer skills
- Ability to multitask with ease
- $60-70k per year
- Full benefits offered on Day 1
- Monday to Friday
- 8:00am – 4:30pm
- This position is not remote and is required to be onsite
- This opportunity does not include relocation. It will be the responsibility of the candidate should relocation be required.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in Canada to be considered for employment.
The About Staffing team would like to thank everyone who applies and will contact those potential candidates who are suitable for the position based on the employer’s needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Communications: 2 years (required)
- Customer Service: 2 years (preferred)
- Administrative: 2 years (required)
- Technical Writing: 1 year (required)
Work Location: One location