About Metta Lifestyles:
Metta Lifestyles is a rapidly growing Canadian company committed to operating first class retirement communities in Toronto and Ottawa. Our team share a passion for providing the best-in-class quality of care. The key differentiator for Metta Lifestyles is our expertise in heavier care services and an extensive memory care program. Metta communities offer a wide range of living and care options to ensure the needs of our residents are met with convenience, flexibility, and peace of mind. As a focused and dynamic team, we are open to new ideas and looking for energetic individuals to join our growth.
About the Position:
The Concierge is the first line of customer service for our residents and their family members. The successful candidate will perform a variety of clerical and receptionist related duties associated with the effective daily operation of the retirement residence. This role would be perfect for any current Governors Walk employee looking to increase their hours and gain valuable administration experience. Union employees are invited to apply and this will not affect your status as a unionized employee.
· Greet warmly and provide initial face-to-face with residents and visitors;
· Answer email and telephone inquiries in timely and respectful manner;
· Provide direction to visitors and callers and/or notify appropriate personnel as required;
· Maintain confidentiality of all financial, personnel and resident data;
· Be knowledgeable of and practice residence’s fire and safety programs;
· Accurately fill out all administrative documents related to personnel and staff as required;
· Sort incoming daily mail for distribution to residents and all departments;
· Prepare and dispatch outgoing mail daily;
· Present a positive image of the residence to the public;
· Other duties as assigned.
· Experience related to administration in a healthcare or retirement community environment;
· Certificate or Diploma in Office Administration would be an asset;
· Exceptional communication or customer service skills;
· Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook;
· Patience, friendliness and politeness when responding to residents and visitors to the residence.
· We hunt for talent from across the industry – seasoned experts that know what it takes to meet challenging deadlines when required; a willingness to work flexible hours and the occasional evening and weekend to cover events. We offer a competitive compensation package; benefits, and great work, life balance. Apply to join us now!
· All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a criminal record search which may include a vulnerable sector screening will be required.
Metta Lifestyles is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment and selection process are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required. We will work with you to meet your needs.
We are committed to employment equity for women, aboriginal people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities. Interested candidates from these groups are encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Weekend availability