Corporate Education Specialist
Position summary: The primary function of the Corporate Education Specialist role is to work collaboratively with key stakeholders to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate education and learning activities for clinical and other staff and that are in alignment with organizational and departmental strategic and operational priorities. The Corporate Education Specialist will play a key role in promoting a culture of continuous learning and improvement across teams and supporting the use of innovative approaches to education across the organization.
- Conducts learning needs assessments for a variety of user groups
- Collaborates with Clinical Educators and other subject matter experts in the development and implementation of innovative and relevant education programs
- Develops eLearning curriculum and content using appropriate authoring tools
- Evaluates education curriculum and courses and promote continuous improvement in education course offerings
- Supports administration of the Learning Management System (LMS) for staff, including enrolling users and assigning curriculum and courses
- Develops quizzes and tests to ensure information retention
- Uses a project management approach to deliver excellence in curriculum development and delivery, including monitoring and managing tasks and timelines to ensure deliverables are developed and implemented according to requirements
- Coordinate educational activities as required (e.g. workshops, classes, in-services, etc.), Collaborate with the education team to maintain education attendance and learning records for staff
- Compile annual and ad hoc reports
- Pull nursing LMS and Mosby’s education reports as needed
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications/experience:
- Baccalaureate Degree in a relevant field required
- Post-undergraduate degree, certificate or diploma in Adult Education, eLearning, or other relevant field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience in eLearning development and/or LMS administration in the health care field
- Active involvement in own continuing education
- Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office Suite, eLearning Development Software and Applications
- Demonstrated ability to assess/evaluate learning needs of varying size groups and professions, including at organizational level
- Superior familiarity with ADDIE, instructional design, and adult education principles
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and evaluate a variety of eLearning programs
- Experience with project management
- Effective verbal and written communication to successfully work with all levels of the organization
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent work performance and attendance
- Experience with Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, eLearning Authoring Tools, and Learning Management Systems
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Runnymede Healthcare Centre values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA).
Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment purposes only and not for any other purpose.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Runnymede Healthcare Centre, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment. Requests for exemption will be considered on a case-by-case basis in alignment with the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
It is a requirement to have a mask on at all times while on hospital premises.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- eLearning Development/LMS Administration: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location