Reporting to the Supervisor, Access York Contact Centre Operations, is responsible for representing York Region as a Customer Ambassador by embodying the customer experience strategy in delivering an exceptional in-person experience at various locations; professionally and positively acting as a primary point of personal contact for those seeking information about York Region programs and services; providing referrals to non-Regional services; responding to requests and resolving questions and complaints, program registration, accessing databases to reference or update customer information; with the goal of responding to the customer at the first point of contact; and tracking and documenting interactions in systems including but not limited to the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Provides prompt, courteous, accurate and helpful customer service to make it easier for people to do business with York Region and get information on programs and services through a “no-wrong door” approach.
- Responds and communicates with customers verbally, in writing or in person to provide information, complete applications, registration (new and updates), referrals and customer concerns.
- Assists with wayfinding and able to provide information on Regional and Non-Regional Services using mobile devices or desktops.
- Categorizes and documents all interactions in the appropropriate technology ensuring customer requests/concerns and associated details are recorded accurately and actionable concerns are forwarded to appropriate resource.
- Accesses information in the knowledge database to respond/resolve customer issues at the first point of contact either using a mobile device such as an Ipad or desktop.
- Assesses and confirms customer identity and information to determine if records require updating in the appropriate database.
- Performs other duties as assigned, in accordance with Branch and Department objectives and Business Continuity Planning.
- Operates within an Emergency Reception site when required.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Customer Service Communications, Human Services or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years demonstrated experience in delivering end to end exceptional customer experiences serving a diverse population.
- Demonstrated experience in electronic applications such as a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, Social Assistance Management System (SAMS), YARDI.
- Strong multi-tasking and decision making skills, the ability to work independently as well as a member of a team and demonstrated ability to think critically, analyze and evaluate data for planning purposes.
- Excellent interpersonal, mediation, investigative, problem solving, presentation, leadership and team building skills.
- Solid analytical, research, planning, written and verbal communication including public speaking.
- Satisfactory Police Criminal Background Check.
**This posting is for the purposes of prequalifying candidates for our Access York team. Your application will be valid and remain on file. You will be contacted should you meet the qualifications.
Please apply online by 4:30PM EST of the closing date indicated above. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
All York Region Employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series, approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, as a condition of hire. Should you be the successful candidate, you will be required to comply with the Region’s mandatory Vaccination Policy that is in effect.
York Region is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At the Region, we respect, encourage and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require Code-protected accommodation.