Requisition ID: 168014
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
About the role
A lost credit card, transaction inquiry or billing concern– these are just a few of the many different reasons Scotiabank customers reach out to our Contact Centre team for assistance.
Our Customer Care Advisors are engaged specialists who investigate customer inquiries and identify additional opportunities to provide the advice and solutions designed to ensure the financial wellbeing of our customers.
As a Customer Care Advisor, You are:
- The calming, attentive voice at the end of the line.
- The empowered specialist and passionate advocate of our “customers’ right to become better off.”
- A committed member of a team with a common goal - the delivery of memorable customer experiences with easy, simple solutions and the personalized advice that are the cornerstone of the Scotiabank brand.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Providing advice and solutions via telephone to a high-volume of inbound customer calls originating from anywhere in Canada.
- Applying expert knowledge of Scotiabank’s products and services.
- Pro-actively identifying opportunities to maximize the customer experience.
To be successful in this role, You:
- Will possess a year or more of experience providing enhanced service experiences to customers. Have obtained a High School Diploma or a recognized educational equivalent.
- Are skilled at leveraging your interpersonal abilities and communication skills to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Are motivated to apply the strategic thought and problem-solving abilities required to investigate and provide needs-based solutions to customer concerns.
- Are comfortable with a self-directed approach to learning and maintaining your knowledge of the online job aids and resources required to perform in your role.
- Are comfortable navigating software, supporting customer digital banking options and navigating numerous internal Bank systems while simultaneously engaging with customers.
- Have a keyboarding speed of preferably 25-30 WPM.
Those Who Join Our Team Will Have:
- The opportunity to contribute to the success of a team, the Centre and the Bank.
- A rewarding career path with access to ongoing learning and diverse opportunities for professional development. A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Opportunities to work on Bank initiatives to “make a difference” in our communities. An inclusive workplace culture that values diversity and potential
- Our Customer Contact Centre is located at: [[HworkAddressPosition]]
- Position Start Date: January 3, 2023
- Position Status: Full-time Regular (37.5 hours)
- Training is mandatory and non-negotiable Training Duration: 5 weeks
- Training Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday 9am-5pm
Shifts after Training:
- Candidates must be flexible to work anytime within our hours of operation (7 am – Midnight, Monday through Sunday (EST)).
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.