Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health is recruiting for a Customer Strategy Manager, located in Markham, Ontario.
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of the consumers and patients we serve. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people throughout the world every day. As part of one of the largest and most diverse healthcare companies in the world, our brands demonstrate the company’s world-class research tools and scientific prowess to provide consumers across the globe with innovative consumer medicines, skin, baby and essential health solutions. We seek to meet the health needs of families everywhere through a broad range of well-known and trusted health products. In Canada, we market innovative consumer products focusing on skin and hair care, baby care, wound care, and oral health as well as a broad range of well-known and trusted over-the-counter products through our McNeil Consumer Healthcare division. Johnson & Johnson’s portfolio includes over 30 iconic and best-in-class brands, including but not limited to Tylenol®, Neutrogena®, AVEENO®, Nicorette®, Reactine®, Listerine®, and OGX®.
On November 12, 2021, Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions and approvals. It is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, you will be an employee of an entity within the newly created Consumer Health company and your employment will be governed by that company’s employment processes, programs, policies, and benefit plans. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to you at an appropriate time and subject to any necessary consultation processes.
When changing the world is part of your job description, you deserve to be rewarded. That’s why our benefits package is loaded with good stuff that empowers you to be, feel and do your best each and every day. The benefits we offer at Johnson & Johnson aren't just a reflection of Our Credo values, but a way for us to bring them to more people around the world and create a truly inclusive space where you belong. When you're at your best, and your family—however you define it—feels safe and well, nothing stands between you and your next breakthrough. Some of these great benefits include Global Parental Leave and Parental Leave Top up Programs, Paid time off to Volunteer, Fitness Reimbursement programs and onsite Fitness Facilities, Defined Benefit/Defined Contribution Pension plans, Flexible Working arrangement, a broad range of Employee Resource Groups and much more!
Do you have a desire for channel and customer strategy? Are you passionate about working on iconic brands that consumers trust? Do you want to join a high-caliber team? If you are driven, collaborative and results oriented, then this team is for you!
In this role you will be leading the development and implementation of channel and customer strategies for several beloved brands. Keeping brand and customer priorities in mind you will deliver channel and retailer specific programs to drive industry-leading category growth for strategic customers.
- Establish differentiated Omni-channel (including e-commerce) and customer strategies that achieve the business goals and financial targets for assigned portfolio, including strategies that increase return on investment based on trade fundamentals.
- Strongly contribute into the forecasting process, rolling up external sales inputs and representing the customer projections in the demand planning tactical meetings, with goal of driving outstanding customer supply and service levels and managing internal cash flow
- Develop promotional and category growth plans, including trade fundamentals (Retail strategy – 4Ps) and Revenue Growth Management framework for assigned businesses to drive competitive advantage at retail, while identifying platform opportunities, and supporting the company's customer segmentation and desired longer-term channel mix.
- Build long-term, externally focused strategic plans, including 3 year operating plans, that jointly grows categories for J&J and our retailers.
- Coordinate customer initiatives to maximize impact on sales and goal attainment.
- Drive successful new product introductions via development of external launch strategy (voice of the customer), management of launch execution for the Sales organization, monitoring performance and adjusting strategy where required.
- Monitor monthly POS and share trends, competitor’s activity & strategies to ensure external ($ share) and internal targets will be met. Report results internally for portfolio line of sight.
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships throughout the organization.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; preferably majoring in Business or business related field
- Minimum 3 years of business/professional experience required. CPG industry is preferred
- Advanced analytical skills; strong critical thinking and logic capability
- Demonstrated leadership in achieving outstanding sales results
- Knowledge or experience in forecasting and/or monthly volume reporting and analysis
- In-depth knowledge of consumer sales, consumer products, channels, and Canadian retailers highly preferred
- Proven track record to present sophisticated information in a concise and succinct manner to deliver key messages
- Demonstrated ability to seek and effectively use organizational resources, tools and processes
- Strong project management, problem solving and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to influence multiple levels and functions within and across the organization
- Proficiency with Nielsen and Tableau tools is an asset
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families, and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.