The Customs Coordinator will report to the Operations Manager and will focus on documentation for loads going to and from the US that require customs clearance. Performing basic clerical tasks, and with a good understanding of issues that arise at border crossings, the incumbent will update freight orders in the dispatch data base, submit paperwork to customs brokers for shipment clearance, and perform other related duties.
- Efficiently and accurately complete and submit customs and other documentation, ensuring compliance with Canadian and US customs laws and regulations.
- Conduct follow-up and processing of ACI and ACE.
- Liaise with clients, brokers, and colleagues regarding clearance of shipments, pick-ups and deliveries and customs-related matters.
- Responsible for all administrative duties required in completing the above mentioned matters.
- Assist with reception
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Perform other related administrative duties as necessary.
- Min. 2 years Canada/Us Customs Experience
- Computer Proficiency
- Detail Orientated
- Solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Strong data entry and typing skills. Professional appearance and manners, a strong work ethic and team attitude.
- Growth oriented and adaptable with a desire to continually strengthen awareness of company procedures and industry knowledge.
- Ethics and Integrity
- Accountability and Dependability
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$25.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Will you be able to reliably commute to our location?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Customs: 2 years (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-01-30