Location: Toronto, Canada Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily. Thales provides world-leading Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC) and interlocking for mass rail transit applications globally. The Centre of Competence for Urban Rail Signalling is located right before you at mid-town Toronto. As the largest office in Canada, we house a department for every step of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)! This includes Software, Hardware, Systems Design, Verification & Validation, Operations, etc. The supporting corporate shared services teams in Finance, Human Resources and IT is also located at the office. Our office space was designed to provide a sustainable, healthy workplace that expresses TRSS’s brand while increasing collaboration. Features include Greenguard furniture, EnergyStar appliances, low-emitting adhesives, sealants, and sliding glass doors on internal offices provide daylight and views to the outside. Come join the big Transport family, here in Toronto!
This role is a Student Intern/Co-op opportunity with URS Global PMO, specifically with the area of Project Controls. The successful candidate will report to the Director of URS Project Controls, supporting the development of project controls tools and following tasks;
- Supporting in producing KPIs: prepare reporting and ensure action plan follow-up
- Coordinates internal teams performing a work package.
- Liaises with the Deployment Project Manager / Solution Engineering Manager / Project Safety Manager for all aspects relating to work package. Conducts work package activities (including those relating to scheduling, Budgeting, monitoring and control)
- Support on the production of the monthly and/or periodic dashboard reports, which comprise but not limited to Cost Variance reports, EVM reports, latest baseline plan, updates narratives, Trackers updates, and project performance reports.
Essential Functions / Key Areas of Responsibility
- Must be able to manage data within Excel and Produce KPIs
- Update existing PC tools and create reports
- Knowledge of office suits of tool
- Project management tools such as Primavera, MS Project will be added advantage.
Minimum Requirements: Skills, Experience, Education, Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Certifications, Language
- Successful candidate should be working towards a degree in Engineering or closely related field
- Able to work Full Time for the specified term lengths
- Good knowledge of Excel, other MS office suits.
- Good communication & Co-ordination skill
- Team Player
Thales is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. Thales is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the interview process. Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for an interview. We will work with you to meet your needs. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.