Amica Senior Lifestyles is setting a new standard for senior living in Canada by combining unparalleled premium hospitality and amenities with expert care and support to deliver a personalized senior living experience. Committed to enriching the lives of seniors now and as their needs change, Amica offers Independent Living (IL), Assisted Living (AL) and Memory Care (MC) lifestyle options. Established in 1996, the company owns and operates 33 residences in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario, with plans to continue expansion in select markets.
Reporting to the Manager, Business Intelligence, we’re looking for an exceptional Data Analyst, Business Intelligence to join our growing Analytics & Business Performance Team. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions, with an aim to automate processes wherever possible to increase team bandwidth. Our goal is to encourage data-driven decision-making across the company through the provision of robust reporting and analyses.
What you will be doing
- Analytics - provide support on various analytics projects that inform strategic and operational decision-making across the company, including the development of reports, dashboards, and automation routines using some combination of SQL, Power BI, Sisense, Azure Synapse
- Project Management – assist with the identification, planning, and execution of projects and root cause analyses to build and/or improve reporting, performance measurement, and decision-making processes across our portfolio of Residences.
- Relationship Management – collaborate and build cross-functional relationships with members of the Operations, Finance, Marketing, Information Technology, and People Development teams to assist with the development of analytical solutions and reporting. Examples include the creation of detailed KPI reports and the automation of reporting processes.
- Ad Hoc Analysis – develop trusted solutions that serve a variety of business outcomes. Examples include conducting a correlation analysis on resident safety risks, assisting with the development of occupancy and rental rate monitoring schedules, and identifying new ways to assess resident quality of life indicators.
- Creativity and Problem Solving – using your skills in analytics and data manipulation, you will utilize both internal and external data sources to proactively uncover hidden business insights. Often, you will assist in formulating logical assumptions and testing hypotheses using a variety of analytical techniques. Examples include cleaning and transforming external competitor data for database ingestion and analyzing the predictive power of both financial and non-financial dataset features for forecasting purposes.
- Communication – assist with the creation of effective presentations that distill analytical findings and business insights, and present to Residence leadership teams and Support Office senior management.
What you will bring
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Math, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics, business intelligence, or a similar quantitative role
- Experience working with relational databases and data extraction using Azure Synapse, Microsoft SQL server, as well as knowledge of ETL processes to compile and transform data from multiple sources
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, and data mining
- Strong Excel skills with a demonstrated ability to work with large and disparate datasets
- Familiarity with various reporting and data visualization tools (Power BI, Sisense), with some experience designing, building, maintaining, and optimizing business intelligence dashboards
- Comfortable communicating with non-technical stakeholders to frame business problems and explain findings
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
What you can expect from us
- A diverse environment where individual differences are celebrated, and you’re encouraged to be your best self
- Collaborative environment where we work together to succeed as a team
- Learning and development opportunities to help you grow
- Comprehensive benefit package including RRSP matching
- Office is centrally located in the financial district, on the PATH and the TTC subway line, and provides easy access to downtown amenities
At Amica Senior Lifestyles we are passionate about working together in a supportive and inclusive environment that fosters innovation and turns ideas into action. We remain committed to creating workplaces that reflect the communities in which we operate. We are actively seeking applicants from all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, Black, Indigenous, racialized people, and persons with disabilities and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions.
Amica Senior Lifestyles recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, team members and visitors from COVID-19. Effective October 2021, a condition of employment is requiring that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.