We are hiring Part-Time Delivery Drivers at our 19 Waterman Avenue location (East York).
What's In It For You:
- Food Discounts across Fresh City, Mama Earth, The Healthy Butcher & Mabel’s Bakery
- Safety Shoes Reimbursement
- You’ll be putting more food dollars into local farms so they can continue to grow the most nutritious and delicious produce while preserving farmland and biodiversity in Ontario.
- You’ll be supporting the creation of a local food system, built on principles of sustainability and biodiversity, and demonstrating that this can be both financially sustainable for farmers and affordable for consumers
- You’ll be joining a thriving business driven by an experienced leadership team who have built successful businesses
- Access to Inkblot, an online platform that offers discounted mental health support
- You’ll be joining a team of talented, fun people who take pride in supporting the Local Food System
What you will be doing:
- As a driver, you’re the face of our company to our customers. You’ll have the distinct pleasure of delivering baskets of curated organic produce to homes and apartments around the GTA. It’s a challenging job, but a great position for the right candidate. Read on to see if you might be a good fit.
- Follow the prescribed routes most convenient for delivery
- Deliver customer food orders to multiple addresses throughout the GTA as assigned.
- Loading, transporting and delivering items to clients or businesses in a safe, timely manner.
- The weight capacity of food orders varies (approximately 10-40 pounds per bin).
- Inspect, operate, and maintain the vehicle and its cleanliness.
What you will bring to the table:
- Passionate about our mission to build a better local food community
- Valid driver’s license (regular G class license) and an excellent driving record (clean Driver's Abstract)
- Able to work at a consistently fast pace without oversight
- Have previous delivery driver experience
- Be physically fit and enjoy being active
- Able to lift 10 – 40 lb’s bins (full of delicious organic produce)
- Self-directed: Able to work at a high standard with minimal supervision (and within time limits)
- Reliable and punctual always
- Interest/knowledge in food is an asset
- Positive, proactive, and enjoys challenges
- Get along well with everyone
- Starting time is usually midday (this can range from 11:00 am to 1:30 pm depending on the time of year and the day). Our drivers usually finish by 9-9:30 pm (deliveries are usually done before 8 pm). Weekends may also be required.
- Scheduling is subject to operational requirements and is subject to change
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fresh City is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, and Indigenous status. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
Please note that certain roles like Delivery Drivers are members of the UFCW bargaining unit in the recent union certification at Mama Earth Organics.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- East York, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Delivery driver: 1 year (preferred)
- Class G Licence (preferred)
Work Location: One location