Headquartered in Provo, Utah, Unicity was founded with a bold mission to make healthy living a reality in an on-the-go world. Unicity’s business model is person to person sales which has given a personal touch to our sales and growth.
Unicity is dedicated to developing innovative, science-based products and programs that promote metabolic health and improve the quality of life for people everywhere. For over 30 years, Unicity has been dedicated to developing high-quality products that contain the vital nutrients your body needs. With the proper process, cutting-edge technology, and a mission to Make Life Better, Unicity is paving the way for a better tomorrow.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our API & Data Consumability product engineering team. We are currently engaged in reorganizing our Information Technology department into strong Agile Product Engineering teams and are building our team. This position will have a key role in helping design and implement cloud-based solutions for our Web sites and APIs. Come be a part of this exciting new time with Unicity.
In addition to competitive wages, we offer:
- Hybrid, flexible work environment
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Generous vacation allowance in addition to company paid holidays
- Phone and internet reimbursement
- 401(k) with company match
- Travel opportunities
- Substantial company product allowance
- Competitive benefits package
The ideal DevOps Engineer will be:
- Able to recommend and implement cloud-based solutions that will improve the stability and performance of our internal infrastructure;
- Able to take ownership of tasks, seeing them from start to finish;
- Able to troubleshoot and solve complex problems;
- Proactive in monitoring our systems and setting up alerts;
- Proactive in measuring the overall effectiveness of our systems and identify areas of improvement;
- Able to work with a variety of technologies;
- Proficient at writing scripts to provision servers/clusters;
- Knowledgeable on what are the best security practices, and is proactive in making sure that the company follows them;
- Able to work with others in a fast paced environment; and,
- Able to finish tasks on-time.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage servers/clusters, docker images, secret management and rotation, ci/cd pipelines, deployments, and the monitoring of our technology stacks.
- Provision and manage our infrastructure as code.
- Manage container orchestration, including container lifecycle, provisioning, deployment, scaling, networking, and load balancing.
- Apply security patches and fixes as needed.
- Employ best security practices, including the maintenance of secrets.
- Collaborate with product owners, developers, and support to ensure continuous and reliable delivery of services.
- Automate development and testing.
- Monitor technology for errors and anomalies (and set up alerts accordingly), and recommend corrective actions.
- Optimize performance and maintain system stability.
- Document systems and environments.
Requirements / Preferred Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a relevant field preferred.
- 5+ years working as a DevOps Engineer in an Agile product team environment.
- 3+ years working with AWS cloud-based technologies, including CloudWatch, EC2, ECR, EKS, S3, SQS, Kinesis, Lambdas, and RDS.
- Experience hosting solutions in hybrid environments (i.e. in the cloud and in colocation data centers).
- Strong proficiency with Infrastructure as Code technologies (e.g. Terraform and Ansible).
- Strong proficiency with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong proficiency with continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines (e.g. Travis-CI and Spinnaker).
- Strong proficiency with administrating Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience coding in Bash, as well as in at least one other high-level programming language (e.g. Python).
- Experience with application monitoring tools (e.g. WhatsUp, Prometheus, AWS CloudWatch, Grafana, and Lens), as well as with quality assurance testing.
If you’re interested in an organization where you can have a large impact, be a key part of driving core initiatives forward, and carve out the scope of your own role, we’d love to talk to you!