Quantum Staffing Inc. is a premier staffing agency that connects healthcare facilities with reliable and qualified healthcare professionals. We prioritize our employees and cut costs in all business expenses so that we can continue to pay one of the highest hourly rates in the market. Our aim is to always fulfill the staffing needs of our client facilities while allowing our employees to have a schedule that suits their availability and allows them to maximize their income.
A Dietary Aide must be able to make food according to recipes and health and safety regulations. They need to have a customer-focused attitude and be competent and diligent.
- Serves food to residents according to individual diets and preferences. Observes time limits for meal serving. Maintains foods at proper serving temperature.
- Handles the dishwasher, loads it, and clears the dishes and trays. cleans cooking utensils, pots, and pans according to protocol.
- Preparing meals under the guidance of a cook or diet manager
- Aids cooks with the cleaning and preparation of raw foods such salads, vegetables, and fruits.
- Follows departmental policies and procedures for quality control, infection control, fire safety, and environmental protection.
- Successful completion and/or enrollment in a Food Handling Certificate course.
- Previous experience as Dietary Aide, preferably in LTCH
- Ability to understand instructions in English clearly. Ability to speak and understand “Mandarin” is preferred.
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures.
Why YOU should work for us:
- Higher pay - our hourly rates are one of the highest among all agencies
- Bonus pay - we have a scheme of 10% bonus pay that is evaluated weekly and added to your hourly pay if your performance is good (no late arrival, missed shift without informing us, any client complaints, and a few more things)
- Fixed Schedule - we provide you with a 6-week schedule of shifts beforehand so that you can plan your time and life activities with good stability
- One fixed workplace - we assign you to one LTCH, and you work on the same unit, with the same residents and colleagues.
- Preferential Treatment - once you become our regular employee, we will coordinate your schedule according to your preferences (mostly mornings, Tuesdays off etc.)
Job Types: Fixed term contract, Full-time, Part-time
Contract length: 4 months
Part-time hours: 24-40 per week
Salary: $20.00-$23.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Are you currently living in Ontario, Canada?
- Do you have 3 doses of Covid Vaccine?
- Are you legally allowed to work in Canada?
- Have you successfully completed or are enrolled in a Food Handling Certificate program at a college?
- dietary aide: 1 year (preferred)
- Mandarin or Cantonese (required)
Work Location: One location