Sago Mini is an award-winning publisher of preschool apps and toys worldwide. We are supported by a team of artists, designers, developers, product managers, thinkers, and doers devoted to play. With over 100 million downloads, three subscription services, and 40+ apps, Sago Mini brings thoughtful design to life for kids and parents worldwide.
About the Role
Sago Mini is looking for a Director of Data & Analytics to empower our team to make data-driven decisions that help families discover and engage with our products. This is a leadership role reporting directly into the CEO. The Director of Data & Analytics is responsible for the collection, management and analysis of marketing, industry and product data. The work of the data & analytics team is highly collaborative and oriented around actionable outcomes. Candidates must have 6+ years of experience working in SAAS, digital publishing or mobile gaming.
This is a full-time hybrid position. The successful candidate must be able to work in our downtown Toronto office.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have…
- A passion for sharing your knowledge with others.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for working in small, high-autonomy environments.
- Expertise in subscription business models.
- Experience working with a product analytics tool like Mixpanel and Firebase.
- A pragmatic, entrepreneurial mindset and ability to scale effort to impact.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Scope and prioritize projects across data & analytics to maximize impact.
- Ensure the reliable, consistent availability of business KPIs.
- Manage the data & analytics team including oversight of tools and platforms.
- Provide regular analysis of market data and trends.
- Share insights and best practices with colleagues across the Spin Master digital games studios.
- Ensure responsible data collection and management, compliant with all relevant privacy regulations.
- Apply an expertise in modeling to support revenue forecasting.
Qualifications and Skills
- Completed an undergraduate or graduate degree in business administration, mathematics, economics, engineering, data science, computer science or equivalent.
- 6+ years of directly related experience.
- Recognized as a collaborative team player who builds trusting relationships in an extensive network of stakeholders.
- Excellent data visualization skills working with platforms like Looker, Superset, Preset, Tableau, Google Sheets/Excel, and PowerBI.
- Hands-on expertise managing large data sets.
- Strong proficiency in SQL.
- Experience building and leading teams.
About the Process
- You’ll get an email response confirming we’ve received your application, and we’ll let you know shortly after if we’d like to schedule a follow-up.
- If you’re moving ahead, we’ll book a call to learn more about your experience.
- If that goes well, we will send you materials for review and ask that you provide your critique to the hiring team at a 2nd interview. There will also be a general Q&A session for the team to get to know you better.
- Upon the success of the 2nd interview, the next stage will be a 3rd interview to assess your technical skills.
- If all has gone well at this point, you’re a strong candidate! We’d like to schedule a meet and greet with you and the team you’d be working closely with prior to us making a decision to extend an offer.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Based in Toronto, Sago Sago Toys of Spin Master Limited a leading global children’s entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people who care about doing great work. Sago Mini is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company.