Are you a kid at heart looking to build a career with a leading global children's toy, entertainment and digital gaming company?
At Spin Master, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us an industry leader. How do we stay ahead of the pack? By hiring the best and brightest minds—and that’s why we want you!
What will you work on?
The Director, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting will be the owner of the external financial reporting process as well as managing the review and assessment of all technical accounting issues. The Director will also work closely with the Senior Director and VP Finance to implement initiatives as part of the various Digital Transformation Projects.
How will you create impact?
- Lead compliance with regulatory requirements, including researching and providing guidance to the business on new technical accounting and regulatory issues. Prepare/review the interpretation and application of complex accounting standards for the Company, including writing and reviewing research papers, recommending appropriate accounting treatment, and working with various business groups to assess underlying issues and facts.
- Work with various finance teams throughout the global business to implement new accounting standards.
- Lead the preparation of the Company’s quarterly and annual Consolidated Financial Statements, MD&A and other financial sections of the Company’s Disclosure Material as well as being responsible for producing monthly financial statements.
- Lead the preparation of the monthly consolidated financial results presentations to the CFO and CEO.
- Participate in the Company’s M&A process including due diligence accounting, disclosure, and post-acquisition integration.
- Lead the continuous improvement process of the external financial reporting process.
- Support all projects under the Company’s digital transformation initiatives impacting external financial reporting and disclosure processes and controls.
- Work in partnership with the VP, Global Taxation to ensure legal entity reporting and accounting for tax-related matters are properly assessed, reported, and disclosed both internally and externally.
- Support the internal and external audit processes including directly managing the relationship with the external audit team.
What are your skills and experience?
- 10+ years’ experience either from a public accounting firm or public company
- Strong financial literacy and financial writing skills (financial statements, MD&A, press releases, etc.)
- CPA or CPA, CA designation
- Experience managing a team of professional accountants
- Strong technical accounting and financial reporting expertise (IFRS preferred)
- Experience with SAP/BPC
- Strong computer literacy skills with Microsoft Office and advanced level Excel skill (pivots, v-lookups, and advanced formulas)
What you can expect from us:
Our mission is to Make Life More Fun with a vision to push the boundaries of innovation, creativity, and fun.
- Growth and Career Opportunities
- Flexible Work Hours
- Innovation, Collaboration and Fun
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Other fun Perks!
What’s it like to work here?
Spin Master is a fast-paced, hands-on organization that provides many great opportunities for impactful decision-making; though our challenging start-up atmosphere isn’t for everyone, we have a proven record of opportunities for future advancement and internal transfers for our passionate and results driven team.
Everyone is welcome in our sandbox and we are committed to an accessible and inclusive hiring process that provides reasonable accommodation to all applicants.
Spin Master strives to create an accessible and inclusive application and selection process and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants who may require provisions to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes. Should you require an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team, by email at [email protected] or by phone at 416 364-6002 and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @SpinMaster to stay up to date on Spin Master career opportunities.
We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.