You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Why work with Restaurant Associates? Imagine joining a team that’s at the top of their game. Come to work at Restaurant Associates and learn from the pros how to serve thousands of visitors in some of the world’s best venues. Because of what we do, more than 30,000 guests enjoy an unforgettable experience every day. Learn. Grow. Serve. It’s a winning combination. Join us.
Schedule: 7:00AM to 3:30PM or 8:30AM to 5:00PM, Monday to Friday
Location: 111 Richmond St. W, Toronto, ON, M5H 3K6
- No Weekends
- Monthly Stipend (expense allowance)
- Free Uniforms
- Extra Holidays
- Dishwasher experience is an asset
How you will make an impact:
You will be responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and sanitation of dishes, glassware, pots, pans, trays, and utensils. You will ensure that the kitchen, work areas, and equipment are maintained in an orderly and sanitary condition.
As a Dishwasher, you will:
- Clean and sanitize all dishes, glassware, pots, pans, trays, and utensils based on procedures and assigned equipment
- Polish silver using burnishing machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel and hand cloth based on procedures and assigned equipment
- Maintain the dish and kitchen area and ensures equipment is clean, in working condition and complies with safety standards
- Wash worktables, walls, refrigerators, meat blocks and other food prep surfaces
- Remove trash and place it in designated containers. Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans
- Assists in loading, unloading and transfer supplies, products and equipment between storage and work areas
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- You must have a valid Food Handler Certificate or provincial equivalent
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous dishwashing experience preferred but not required
- Hands-on experience with industrial washing machines preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact [email protected] for further information.