Hot Diggity Dogs is a Dog Daycare facility located in South Etobicoke offering dog daycare with transportation as well as on-leash and off-leash pack walks. We are looking for one SUPER additions to our team who would be both a dog walker and a daycare pickup driver! This job posting DOES NOT REQUIRE A VEHICLE as we have company vehicles, but DOES REQUIRE A DRIVERS LICENCE.
We are a women-led and inclusive employer who is looking for someone who absolutely loves dogs, but also has professional experience with them and understands dog behavior well. While owning a family dog is lovely, this job requires you to have a base knowledge of canine behavior with real world practice. Dogs have their own way of communicating with eachother which is really quite easy to understand if you're experienced with them or other large animals.
- Hours -
Monday-Friday, 3PM-6PM for a total of 12 hours/week.
This role pays $16.50/hour and is an employee position with a review every 6 months. Employee benefits for anyone working 25+ hours/week. We provide a paid trial day to ensure that it's a good fit for both parties, as well as 2 weeks of paid training. We are more interested in finding a really good fit with the team who has experience with dogs than to rush the process.
- Job Duties -
MONDAY - FRIDAY:
From 4:00-6:00 PM you will be dropping dogs off from our daycare facility to their homes. Between 3:00-4:00 PM you'd be loading pups into our van, helping organize pups, clean up, and deal with other afternoon duties. All of the pups are regular clients who we know well and who you'll grow to love as well!
- Requirements -
* Must love dogs and have professional or volunteer dog experience. Experience with other large animals, farm animals, horses is also great as those animals have their own ways of communication which requires experience and a good understanding of animal body language.
* Must be bondable as a criminal background check is necessary and we conduct these annually.
* Must love outdoors (all seasons) and being active!
* You DO NOT need a vehicle for this position as we have bark buses. But you DO need a G2 license or higher as well as a CLEAN driving record. We provide the vehicles and insurance.
* Must be active, quick to react, efficient, fun-loving and positive outlook! Dogs can read our energies, so if you aren't physically coordinated of able to do the job you will get frustrated and the dogs will act up. If you're confident and love animals and have experience reading their body language, they will read that energy and you'll love your job!
- Why you'll love us -
* The BEST team around. We are a tight knit group who hold eachother to high expectations in regards to how we do our job and following safety protocols, but love to have fun and enjoy ourselves while doing it!
* We provide all equipment, and paid training!
* Evenings, weekends and holidays off unless you'd like to earn the extra income as you will get paid more per walk on evenings/weekends.
* We genuinely believe a positive, fair, understanding and caring work environment is necessary for everyone and value the quality of life of our contractors, employees and everyone who helps make this business a possibility.
* Quickly growing company with ambitious long-term goals if you're looking to be part of a growing company!
- Apply -
Think you would make a great pack leader? Hit apply and lets do this!
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Salary: From $16.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Masks, vaccines required for employees, easy pickup+drop
- Ability to work Monday-Friday, 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- G2 drivers licence or higher (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-02-01