Hot Diggity Dogs is a dog walking + daycare located in South Etobicoke at 177 Park Lawn Rd. We are looking for one SUPER additions to our team who would be both a dog walker and a daycare pickup driver! This job posting DOES NOT REQUIRE A VEHICLE as we have company vehicles, but DOES REQUIRE A DRIVERS LICENCE.
We are a women-led and inclusive employer who is looking for someone who absolutely loves dogs, but also has professional experience with them and understands dog behavior well. While owning a family dog is lovely, this job requires you to have a base knowledge of canine behavior with real world practice. Dogs have their own way of communicating with eachother which is really quite easy to understand if you're experienced with them or other large animals.
- Hours -
Tuesday-Friday, 10am-4pm for a total of 24 hours.
We have our own vehicles and this role in particular would require you to use the Kia Soul which is a compact SUV/hatchback, but you may also have to utilize the Grand Caravans from time to time which are our larger vans.
This role pays $16/hour and is an employee position with a review every 6 months. This position has the possibility to increase to 40 hours/week in time if the person is interested. We provide a paid trial day to ensure that it's a good fit for both parties, as well as 2 weeks of paid training. We are more interested in finding a really good fit with the team who has experience with dogs than to rush the process.
- Job Duties -
TUESDAY - FRIDAY:
From 10am-4pm you'd have two packs of 4-6 dogs/pack. You start off with less dogs/pack and grow to have more dogs in a pack. All of the pups are regular clients who we know well and who you'll grow to love as well!
A paid thirty minute, or two fifteen minute breaks, are provided. They are paid as we usually have to eat/get food when the pups are in our care. During the day you're welcome to go through drive throughs, park and eat or take a break where necessary as long as the dogs are always safe and being watched over. The dogs can't be left unattended which is why we pay for your breaks.
- Requirements -
* Must love dogs and have professional or volunteer dog experience. Experience with other large animals, farm animals, horses is also great as those animals have their own ways of communication which requires experience and a good understanding of animal body language.
* Must be bondable as a criminal background check is necessary and we conduct these annually.
* Must love outdoors (all seasons) and being active!
* You DO NOT need a vehicle for this position as we have bark buses. But you DO need a G2 license or higher as well as a CLEAN driving record. We provide the vehicles and insurance.
* Must be active, quick to react, efficient, fun-loving and positive outlook! Dogs can read our energies, so if you aren't physically coordinated of able to do the job you will get frustrated and the dogs will act up. If you're confident and love animals and have experience reading their body language, they will read that energy and you'll love your job!
- Why you'll love us -
* The BEST team around. We are a tight knit group who hold eachother to high expectations in regards to how we do our job and following safety protocols, but love to have fun and enjoy ourselves while doing it!
* We provide all equipment, and paid training!
* Evenings, weekends and holidays off unless you'd like to earn the extra income as you will get paid more per walk on evenings/weekends.
* We genuinely believe a positive, fair, understanding and caring work environment is necessary for everyone and value the quality of life of our contractors, employees and everyone who helps make this business a possibility.
* Quickly growing company with ambitious long-term goals if you're looking to be part of a growing company!
* If you're interested in boarding dogs overnight in your home we offer very competitive pay and only board current clients who we know.
- Apply -
Think you would make a great pack leader? Hit apply and lets do this!!
Please make sure to include your personal email address on your resume or cover letter, and include the following:
1. Are you fluent in English (written and verbal)?
2. Are you able to walk for multiple hours a day and handle multiple dogs?
3. Do you own a smart phone with a data plan?
4. Are you looking for a permanent position with at least a one year commitment?
5. Does your availability meet the 8am-4pm, Monday-Friday requirement?
6. What is your experience with animals? (Owning, professional experience if any, etc.)
7. MOST IMPORTANTLY, what made you apply for this role with us?
** Must be out of highschool as we are looking for employees available Monday-Friday! **
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Masks, vaccines required for employees, easy pickup+drop
- G2 licence or higher (required)
Application deadline: 2022-10-05