Job category: Customer service
Job posting ID: 3629
Employment status: Regular part-time
Possible schedule/FTE: 0.4
Classification: BT OPSEU 5103
Salary/Rate of pay: $15.00
Application deadline: 2022-10-03
This position is open to: Internal and External applicants
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Regular part-time Donor Services Representative to join our dynamic Donor Centre Team in Toronto, Ontario. The work of a Donor Services Representative is integral to Canadian Blood Services’ role as Canada’s Lifeline. In this role, you will be providing excellent customer service by greeting, confirming appointments and rebooking donors at the Donor Centre – Aptitude in customer service is imperative! Communication skills and ability to cope under pressure are essential to succeed in this role.
Key responsibilities include:
Serves donors and the public attending donor clinics by responding to inquiries and concerns regarding wait times, donation frequency, accommodation of walk-ins, etc. in accordance with defined processes
- Promotes campaigns, challenges and future events to donors and public
- Maintains work area and handles equipment related to appointment management
- Responsible for ABO typing at 'What's Your Type' events. Give key messaging around blood donation and encourage participants to become regular blood donors
- Performs other departmental duties as assigned
High School diploma. Training and/or education in marketing or customer service would be an asset
- A minimum of two years customer service experience
- Attention to detail and a willingness to learn procedures in a regulatory environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Very strong computer skills (MS Office 2010, Word, Excel and Outlook). Proficient telephone etiquette
- Availability to work the varied shifts including some holidays
Payments in lieu of vacation, holidays and benefits
- Defined benefits pension plan
- Employee discounts, wellness program, and much more
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
To protect the health and safety of its employees, all Canadian Blood Services’ employees are required to be fully vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights grounds. Persons who have been vaccinated outside of Canada must contact their local Public Health Unit in order to obtain a vaccine equivalency certificate.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment (such as testing) will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.